Chapter 34- Bill

Bill

It's funny how people expect the doctors to be cool-headed all the time, how the therapist is the one that never loses his temper. It's like people forget doctors are human, too.

Bill lifted the needle away from Andrew's arm, hoping that this time, the antidote will do what it's supposed to. Now that he knew a fake one existed, there was absolutely no excuse for any lost lives.

He didn't really remember when he'd taken on a role of the doctor, therapist, counselor, secret keeper— but one person should not have all that burden to bear.

"Help me move him to the bedroom."

Andrew was still conscious when they carried him over, aiding them as much as he could. But once his body hit the white sheets, he was gone for a moment.

A trail of blood stained the floors. Fun.

Cassandra blinked away unshed tears and Bill pretended not to see it. He had tears of his own to shed. "Get me some towels," he told her.

"Chloe went—"

"Yeah, well, get some more. He's bleeding in a lot of places."

"Here's the towels," Chloe said, entering the room, as Cassandra left.

Bill wasted no more time, grabbing a pair of scissors and cutting Andrew's shirt. The antidote will do its thing, but Bill still had a bullet to deal with.

He shuddered at the sight of the wound. "Fucking hell." He shuddered.

Cassie put down more towels. "What else do you need?"

"I've got it."

"Are you sure?"

He waved his hand.

Cassandra nodded, looking down at Andrew. "You're stupid for playing a hero, Jackson. Now survive this so I can beat you up for it."

Bill shook his head.

He needed a drink.

#

"How is he?" Cassandra asked, lifting her head up from her trembling hands.

"Alive, no thanks to you," Bill shot back, blinking to refocus his eyes and holding back a yawn.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She stood up to face him, as Diana and Chloe stopped their chatter and looked at them. Bill had no idea where Pablo and Martina were nor did he care. \

He really needed a drink.

"Nothing," he sighed. "Did you get the drug?"

"I did."

He headed for the door. "I'll assume you won't tell me where you hid it."

Cassandra shook her head. "It's for the best."

"Of course it is." He put his jacket on.

"Where are you going?"

To get a drink, he thought. He shrugged. "Does it matter?"

"Majesty's people are out there. Wait until daytime."

"I'll be fine."

"Billy."

He stiffened. The last person that had called him that was long dead. Anger built up inside him. Had Cassandra done it just to get into his good graces? She must know the emotions the nickname would cause. And yet, when he turned, her face didn't show ill intent. "Call me that one more time—"