Chapter 26- Diana

Diana

Diana stirred. Someone was knocking on the door. She swung the covers off her body, trying to swing her legs off the bed. They didn't budge as usual. She looked around, anxiety washing over her. She was in New York. Lee was dead. She rubbed her eyes, taking in a breath to calm her breathing. It had been a while since her day started with anxiety.

"Di, are you awake?" Chloe asked from the outside.

Diana cleared her throat, sniffing. "Yeah, what is it?"

Chloe poked her head inside, a small smile playing on her lips. "I have a surprise for you. Can you be ready in 10 minutes?"

Diana didn't want a surprise. "Mhmm."

It took her twice as long to get dressed, even though she had chosen to wear a dress. The dream replayed in her head like a broken vinyl. She was on campus, running to the dorms. Chloe held her hand. They were both laughing. Lee caught up to them.

"Look at you running around."

"I can kick your ass now, Hoffman," Diana had said.

"Sure you can."

"I thought I proved that you shouldn't underestimate me."

She wheeled herself into the living room, Chloe sitting on the couch. She wore a pair of jeans and a sweater, her hair in a ponytail. She sprung from her seat as soon as she noticed Diana, grabbing a pair of keys from the coffee table.

"Where are you taking me?" Diana asked, when they reached the elevator. She knew Chloe probably wouldn't tell her, but she had nothing else to say. There were good days and bad days in terms of how she felt about herself and her body. Today was a really bad day. "Are you sure we should leave? Cassandra might need my help. I need to work on the antidotes."

"Just trust me."

# *A/N- play Most Girls by Hailee Steinfeld*

"Oh my God!" Diana squealed, as they came to a stop in front of a huge building. She had never seen one, but she knew what it was.

A mall.

"Were not actually going in, are we?"

Chloe said nothing, wheeling Diana to the entrance.

The inside was huge and glowing with lights even in daylight. People milled around like ants, going in and out of differently named stores with bags hanging from their arms. Kids ran around, their mother calling for them to be careful and a couple walked by, the guy carrying a small red bag and giving the girl the biggest smile. The only bigger smile was the one Diana had on her face.

"Oh!" Diana gasped. "Let's go there, they've got makeup, right?"

The Sephora logo, Diana had seen only on the bags Nurse Patty gave her when she brought her lipstick but she nearly jumped out of her wheelchair when she saw the amount of products the store contained. "How does this one look?" She asked. She had put on a purple lipstick with glitter.

Chloe inspected it for a moment. "It looks gorgeous. Really compliments your skin tone."

Diana grinned. "You think so?"

"Yeah."

The shop assistant walked over to them and asked them if they needed help.

"You can look around, see what they have. I'm just going to run to the bathroom." Chloe said, leaving Diana with the worker.

The woman showed her products around the store, helping her pick a foundation. Diana laughed once they finally found the right skin color. Nurse Patty was very pale so no foundation she used worked on Diana's skin. And even after months of searching, the nurse said she couldn't find a shade to fit Diana's darker skin. She had thought until now that makeup for her didn't exist.

Squad 6 | COMPLETED On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara