Chapter Thirty-Four

Start from the beginning

"I'm grabbing your fanny pack, and you forgot your phone and medicine." I yelled back to her. "Give me a second."

"Thank you baby!"

I smiled at the nickname, and met everyone downstairs. Paxton was not what I imagined. He had a patch of his dark brown hair dyed blonde, he had blue eyes, with one tattoo sleeve. But he seemed formal as well, I said that because this was just a simple hangout and he wore a navy/white suit, and instead of pants, shorts.

"Oh hi, you must be Paxton, I'm Kai." I said, reaching over to the French man, to shake his hand. "Yeah, I've heard a lot of stories about you. It's nice to finally put a face to a name." He smiled, shaking my hand back.

We all loaded into Liam's car, and we drove to whatever restaurant Ariana picked. The car ride wasn't awkward actually. It was comfortable silence. I rested my head on Ariana's shoulders and Jessica was showing Paxton her phone the entire time. When we got there, it was a full house, "Ari, you realize we're gonna get ambushed right?" I said, turning my attention to all the people.

"Mhm... that's why there's 12 body guards with us today. Three for each of us." She smiled, kissing my jawline.

"We're here." Liam said. "There's your bodyguards right there, Ari. Have fun everyone! I'm gonna be with Njomza for the rest of the afternoon so please use Ari's driver."

"Sure, Liam." I chuckled, as we loaded out of the car. I immediately linked hands with Ariana, as body guards surrounded us four.

"Ariana! Kai! Jessica? Paxton?" One of the paparazzi men shouted.

"Ari, is it true you're pregnant?"

"Pax, we thought you were in France! How's LA treating you?"

"Jessica there's been rumors, you're cheating on Paxton with one of his business partners. Any words?"

"Kai! Kai! Any new music? You've released less ever since you've been with Ari!"

All the paparazzi were really distracting as we were trying to get inside of the restaurant. "The food is worth it, I promise." Ariana said, so that only the four of us could here. I felt Ariana jerk back as we walked together.

"What the hell?" I said to the fan who grabbed onto Ari's sweater. "Let her go!" I said walking toward him.

Paxton grabbed my cardigan, "The bodyguards have it. We don't want you in a scandal,"

"Thanks." I mumbled.

We made it into the restaurant after 10 stressful minutes. Good thing Ariana got us a table in by the water view. Me and Pax sat on one end of the booth, while Ariana and Jessica sat across from us. As Ariana and Jessica talked, I decided to get to know Paxton better. "So why a photographer?"

"It's been a passion of mine ever since I was younger. My Mom was a painter, she used to take me on trips with her." He explained. "So I'd blame my passion for photography on her."

"Cool." I said. I noticed Paxton had big French accent as he spoke, it sounded really cool to me. I've never really heard an authentic French accent before. "So a music artist, how is it working with your girlfriend?"

"It's good but I've always worked with Ariana, she was my best friend before all of this."

"You guys serious?" He questioned.

"Yup,"

"To be completely honest, me and Jessica didn't get serious until she had Cloui (Chloe). You and Ariana can basically call yourselves married." Paxton joked, causing a light laugh between us.