Eugene - Ending

(Hiya this is from Eugene's Path, but it also serves as a reimagined ending for Eugene.

Also I just downloaded the arcana dating sim game? I have no self control)

As we rejoined the group, they were very confused by the sudden fire alarm. I managed to take a glimpse at Hailey and her concerned face, before a Zombie burst through one of the hallway windows and ripped her into the horde outside.

Eugene stood in front of me and held my head in my chest as the broken glass shattered everywhere. He immediately then grabbed my arm with a death grip and started running, and I tried to keep as best pace with him as I could.

Fear courses through my veins, and the blaring sirens made my eardrums nearly explode.

"What about the others?!" I screamed over the alarms as we dashed through the hallways, the sound of more glass shattering in the distance. Or right beside us as we ran past windows and the dead flooded in.

"We have to leave them!" Eugene responded with equal volume, "Through here!" He point at a window that was facing the field, the only place where there was no zombies swarming it. But it was elevated so he had to boost me up.

"We can't! They'll die!" I cried desperately before Eugene pushed me up, his hands around my waist. I looked at him with fear in my eyes.

"Better then than us!" He replied, his voice cracking at the situation. He just wanted her to follow. Wanted her to be safe. Why couldn't she understand? The fear in my eyes broke his heart.  "Nobody else cares about me like you do. I'm the runt of the group, and your the only one that believes in me. If I lose you, I don't have anything left. So please.. please.. let's go." He referred to boosting me up and out of here, I nodded silently. And he kissed me quickly one last time before pushing me through the window.

Once we were out, we ran. And didn't look back. All the way until the safe zone.

Eventually as the weeks came, Ethan, Zion, and Harry found their way to the safe zone as well. It was an amazing reunion, full of nothing but joy. And inside the safe zone, it was the closest thing we had since normal life.

"I am not falling asleep, I don't know what your talking about." I said as we sat on top of a roof in the safe zone together, watching the sunset.

Eugene managed to snag that guitar I brought him before we were ambushed, and was playing quietly, humming along to the melody. I rested my head on his shoulder and we faced the sunset, as we both sat against a wall. I felt so safe.

"Yeah, sure." He stopped his humming to sarcastically reply, but there was a certain joy in his voice told he found me adorable. His hands continued to strum the instrument in beautiful deep chords and notes.

"I mean it." I murmured into his shoulder, burying my face. Moments passed and I was asleep. Eugene smiled.

"You are such a liar." He laughed quietly, setting down the guitar to wrap his arms around me. "What am I going to do with you huh?" He kissed me on the forehead, holding me close and savoring the moment.