Lawrence - Patrol

I pulled Lawrence around the corner giggling while we were hand in hand.

"Oh! Let's go to the principals office!" I pointed down to the end of the hall to a door, pulling Lawrence along with me. He laughed at how energetic I had become.

We were having fun racing around the upstairs halls. We were far from anyone else because we were patrolling the other side of the school. We weren't being very diligent however, but neither of us minded that.

As we entered the principals office, it was just like when I had last saw it. I got into a lot of trouble all the time, and sometimes teachers sent me up here because they simply didn't like me. It wasn't as disheveled to the same degree as the classrooms because it only houses one person, not 30. The room was carpeted, completely with a leather desk chair and a nice wooden desk.

I entered and looked around the room, Lawrence walking in after me. There was a couple shelves full of books on one side of his desk, and a mini fridge under it. I walked over to the books and let my fingers run across them.

"God I hated this guy." I smiled to myself, knowing he had no power over me anymore.

"I did too. He was such a idiotic asshole." Lawrence looked around the room, reminiscing with me. Then he walked to my side and inspected the books with me. "Hey, look what I found." He showed a phone in his hands.

"Hey where did you.." I was enraptured by it, "Does it work?" I asked, turning around to follow him with my eyes.

"Yup. Even has some songs on it." He walked over the desk and set the phone down, turning on a slow song.

"God, it's been such a long time since I've listened to music." My memories of past human life came to me, Lawrence held out his hand and I took his. He pulled me in suddenly, making me laugh and started to slow dance with me. His hand around my waist and another holding my hand. I did the same and put my arm on his shoulder.

"Y'know, I was planning on taking you on a proper date in this room. Find some food and stuff like that. But I hope this will do for know." He smiled at me, his big brown eyes meeting mine. In this moment, we were together. It was wonderful. I laid my forehead his shoulder.

"It's perfect." I mumbled into his shoulder. He was such a romantic when he wanted to be.

"I'm glad you like it." He whispered into my ear. We stayed quiet for a while as we both listened to the music, and it reminded us of simpler times.

After a while the phone died, and the music stopped. But we didn't want to go back just quite yet, we still had some time together.

After dancing, he sat on the leather desk chair, and I sat on the desk, looking down at him since I was a bit taller on top of the desk. We were having mindless conversation, just enjoying our time together. I was flipping through on of the Principals books.

"God this book is so boring. It's just about economics and stuff." The tone the pages were written in were sophisticated, and monotonous.

Lawrence seemed entertained by my tribulation with the book. He grabbed the book by its spine and turned it to him to read over the page I had flipped too. Unlike me, he seemed to be familiar with the material.

"Supply and demand has a close relationship. If there is a shortage, it means the demand outweighs the supply. Vice versa with a surplus.." he read off, and I rolled my eyes.

"Babe your gonna bore me to death..." I groaned, leaning back on the desk with my palms. He laughed at my behavior and set the book down.

"Your beautiful. You know that?" He looked up at me, and I sat back up to meet his gaze. His head came up to my chest, and when I looked down at him I came about an inch above his nose.

"And you are the most handsome man I've ever seen." I smiled, brushing a hair or two out of his face. He leaned up a bit further and kissed me sweetly. I giggled, the happiest I'd been in a while.

"Hey.. we're in a relationship right?" Lawrence furrowed his brows and looked to me for validation. I held his cheeks in my hands, I could feel the warmth radiating off of them.

"Of course we are Lawrence. What do you think all of this is?" I asked, looking around the room then meeting my eyes back to his. I found his question to be a bit silly, but I was patient with him. He had to lead and be the hero all the time, so I didn't criticize the moments were he got a bit vulnerable and shy.

"I just wanna hear you say it." He said with the same vulnerability.

"Lawrence, I love you very much. I think of you as my boyfriend. Hopefully, you think of me as your girlfriend. When we get out of here, we're going to start a bakery and have a million kids together and live happily ever after." I started off my statement realistically, and ended it describing a fantasy. Just because it was unrealistic doesn't mean I don't want it though.

"God, I don't know what I did to deserve you." His face lit up, touched by my words. Even though that having kids or a bakery was impossible now, it still was touching coming from my lips. He held my cheek, and I rested on his hand. He kissed me again sweetly, and gently.

And we stayed like that for a while, kissing innocently until we needed to report to the rest and return to reality.