Eugene - Path continued (17)

"There's something wrong with Lawrence ." I confidently stated.

We were in Eugene's room. He was sat down on a chair and I was unpacking the things I found on the trip that I thought would be a good idea to keep. It was a fairly large duffel bag.

"Yeah, he's a psychopath. I'm pretty sure only serial killers get high off of killing people. At least know we know who's killing everyone." He stated.

"And a safe zone? What? Why didn't we know about this sooner?" I asked.

"I don't know why he would try to make us stay here. I guess we know he's the one, but why?" He thought to himself, furrowing his brows. The way when he focused he jutted out his lip a little made him look cute.

I walked over to him and kissed him slowly, because I could now. After, he looked up at me with his big eyes and a flustered face. It seemed like this type of human contact was so new to him, he wasn't used to it.

I can tell I still make him nervous, but in the good way. He gets nervous about the romantic moments between us and just wants everything to go right.

"Oh! I found something for you." I went back to my duffel bag and pulled out a guitar. I then turned to him and saw his eyes light up, "It was a real bitch to get, but I got it! I know your a musician and everything So..."

He quickly came to my side and inspected the guitar.

"Wow. It's in one piece. Impressive." He said while he quickly tuned he instrument, or to see if he even could tune it still.

"So you do play!" I exclaimed, excited.

"What can I say, I'm a musician. Instruments come naturally to me." He boasted, finishing up his tuning then playing a quick chord. It sounded beautiful.

As he continued to play, the chords come effortlessly to him. It looked like second nature as he played the keys deftly. Almost absentmindedly, as a small smile crept onto his face. A feeling of familiarity coming back to him. He looked happy. I wish I could make him this happy all the time.

I walked over and kissed him on the cheek as he was still playing. His face went a bit red and he continued to play as it was his task at hand.

"I'll give you two some privacy." I joked, as I walked towards the door to talk with sue about Lawrence.

"Wait! Can I ask you something?" He quickly set the guitar down against a wall, I had barely moved a step away from him.

"Hm? What's up?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Are we like.. together.. like in a..." He stammered, taking my hands and blushing even harder.

"A relationship? Do you mean a relationship?" I giggled at his shyness, "I mean I hope so I've kissed you a dozen times already."

"...Could I-?"

Suddenly there was a knock at the door that grabbed both of our attentions. Eugene trailed off his statement and we both looked to the door.

"Oh hey-I think Lawrence wants to talk about something." Harry said peaking his head through the door, oblivious to what was going on.

∆∇

We all gathered in the home room,and waiting for Sue to come, but she didn't.

"Sue isn't showing up. Let's just start without her." Lawrence spoke abruptly. It was weird that he was in such a rush to start without someone, but everyone just seemed to go alone with it anyway. "It's come to our attention that there might be a safe zone. We don't know if it's true, we don't have any evidence, but there might be." He seemed to emphasize more on the fact there wasn't any evidence about the safe zone, than the safe zone itself.

"Well then! What are we waiting for? I'm sure it can't hurt to at least look for it. That's the best news we've had in a month." Zion spoke aloud, looking around for approval. There was significantly less members than we had before. Harry sat at a desk, as Zion sat on top of a desk, while Ethan was leaning against the wall away from the group. I was sitting on the windowsill with Eugene leaning in the wall right next to me.

"Yeah, we can't just sit in these classrooms and Wait for a miracle anymore. We're running out of food and it's fuckin' cold." Eugene agreed.

"Alright." Lawrence's temper seemed to be shortening, "What do you think Harry?"

"I think it's worth a shot?" He said quietly.

"We should probably get Sue's opinion before we decide on anything though." Zion announced, "Can someone go get her?" Zion groaned. He looked to Ethan, and he wordlessly left the room to find Sue.

"I don't understand why you're so defensive Lawrence." Eugene spoke after a small moment of silence.

"Just being careful. That's all." Lawrence replied with an air of confidence. I could tell it enraged Eugene, how could a murderer be so guilt free?

I could see Zion's glare sharpen as well. We all seemed to be picking up on Lawrence.

After a couple minutes, Ethan came back to the room. It looked almost as if he saw a ghost, all the color had drained from his face.

"She's dead." He solemnly spoke.