Eugene - Patrol

(Just another reimagined scenario from the game because I feel like so much could've happened but didn't in the game lol. I'm also going to be using first person for this because I feel more comfortable with it. This is in the same timeline with the night watch writing w Eugene)

"God, I'm starving."

Eugene and I were on patrol, the empty hallways were only accompanied by the creaky floorboards and the sounds of our voices.

"Didn't you just eat Eugene?" I giggle slightly at him as we walk side to side.

"Yeah, but there's never enough food. Aren't you hungry? You almost never eat." Eugene comments, while occasionally checking inside classrooms.

"..I guess it's just the stress. Whenever I get anxious I just lose my appetite," I glance outside at all the mindless zombies, "And these are less than ideal conditions. Besides, maybe we'll find something."

"You can't be serious," Eugene quickly responds, "We've looked everywhere. There can't be anything left."

"I know. Sometimes it's just nice to hope." I reply rather bleakly as we pass by the stairs and I spot an open door downstairs. "Hey, have we checked in there?" I stop Eugene by lightly tugging on his jacket.

"Oh. I don't think so? Wasn't that door closed?"

"I don't know, but we should go check what's in there. Your not.. Scared are you?" I look up at him with a mischievous look on my face.

"No. Of course not. A door just somehow opened and I don't find that in the least bit weird. Let's go." Eugene lifts up his nose in pride and continues down the stairs, I follow behind with a small smile on my face.

∇∆

"Jesus why are all these rooms so dusty?" I cough and Eugene and I comb through the drawers. The dust settled in the air, it was the office. There was still a little picture with the words 'Live Laugh Love' written and laying on the desk, which was a nice polished wood blanketed in dust.

I jumped into the desk chair and pretended to speak on the loudspeaker microphone, without any noise coming out,

"Attention all teachers, please send Eugene up to the office. He's been charged with being too cute for his own good!" I giggled to myself, Eugene's face heating up.

"Shush! I'm not cute! And stop being so loud! There could be anything in these hallways..." He snatched the microphone from me.

"Oh alright then!" I slid on the chair and went to looking through the cabinets, when I saw a small plastic bag. I reached for it and pulled out some potato chips, "Hey look what I found! Guess who was right! I was I was!" I happily sung with the bag in my hands.

"No way! I already looked though these cabinets!" Eugene snatched the bag in my hands to take a closer look.

"Guess I just have better eyes than you." I turned around to close the cabinet, "We should probably bring them back up-" there was a loud crunching noise, and I turned around to find Eugene already opened and had started eating the chips.

"Figures-they usually fill this halfway with air-" he looked up to me, and shrugged with a 'Whatever whoops' attitude. "You want one?" He spoke with a chip hanging out of his mouth.

I walked up and bit the chip out of his mouth, effectively leaving him chip-less, and flustered.

"Hey! You-you can't do that!" He sat in shock for a moment.

"Don't be jealous because I have guts." I giggled and I reached for another chip.

"I have guts too!" Eugene replied in a huff, still riding of the high of the near kiss.

"Oh yeah? Prove it." I dared him, swallowing the chip I got out of the bag.

"Fine!"

He walked to over to me and kissed me. It was a proper one too, where they meet your lips and stay for a second, then part. His entire face was red at this point, and he completely shocked himself. It was clear from the look on his face. We were both taken by surprise.

Then I gently grasped his jacket and pulled him in for another, and he complied.