Zion -Patrol

(Heya, this is my spin on Zion's patrol from the original story. The punchline of the story is in Zion's night watch so I suggest you read that first, but you won't miss much other than that.)

"If you want to help me patrol your going to have to keep up hun. This ain't no rooftop watch." Zion spoke aloud, a few strides ahead of me.

"It's not my fault my legs are shorter than yours!" I huffed, trailing behind him. Suddenly he stopped, and I ran into him. "Hey! Next time you do that can you at least give me a heads up?!-"

"Shush! Don't you hear that?" Zion's attention was fully enthralled. I strained my ears to hear what he was hearing. I think I heard a dripping sound.

"Hear what? Some water dripping somewhere?" I found his reaction ridiculous.

"It has to be coming from somewhere. We should go check it out." Zion's eyebrows furrowed, and he walked ahead. I don't think I get much say in the matter, because he just strides ahead.

∇∆

Flash forward and we are both standing in front of the washroom. The door is decayed, and rusting as it was one of those important staff bathroom doors.

"So, ladies first." Zion looked to me, careless.

"No no no. This was your idea. You go in first." I shook my head at him, "We're here for you, so I don't know why your hesitating now. You scared?" I stated, but now I could hear the dripping rather loudly. It was weird since there hadn't been running water since the end of the world. I had to admit I was curious now too.

"What? No!" Zion brushed my comment off. "Just wanted to see if I had more guts than you. Which I do." Zion held his chin up like he was proud. But I knew he was stalling.

"So are you gonna open the door or..?"

"Yeah! Just give me a minute!" Zion said defensively, he pushed the door slightly ajar, "Is there anyone in here!"

"Yeah Zion! It's me! Your classmate from third period!" I mocked him asking.

"Hey it was worth a shot!" Zion snapped back, and carefully continued inside. I followed him from behind closely.

Once we entered, there was nothing to be found. It was just an empty unisex bathroom. Zion let out a breath, relieved. There was a pipe sticking out from the ceiling that had been dripping onto the floor, the same with a moldy sink. Zion turned to me.

"Why'd you follow me inside? What if there was actually something dangerous in here? Then why would you have done?" Zion put his hands on his hips like a patronizing mother, looking down at me.

"Yeah sure, but there wasn't. So we're fine!" I was chipper as I stood in front of Zion. "Look I even think this sink works-" As I reached over to turn the facet on, it exploded and sprayed all over Zion. I just looked at him starting laughing.

"Oh wow. This is funny to you? I'm soaked because of you!" Zion exclaimed, annoyed and wet.

"Oh my god Zion stop. I'm gonna piss my pants!" I kneeled over, laughing so hard tear started to form on my face.

"Oh yeah?! If you think it's so funny why don't I give you a hug!" Zion started to walk towards me with open arms.

"No! Don't you dare!" I threatened him between laughs and started to back up so that he couldn't get me easily.

He easily scooped me up in his arms, and even though I struggled, he was much stronger than me. I was now soaked too.

"Not so fun now huh?" Zion giggled at my futile attempts to escape.

"Hey! No fair!" I giggled, but then a drip of water landed on my forehead. I looked up at the dripping pipe, and it collapsed in and poured water all over me. It was now Zion's turn to laugh at me.

Zion just stood there with me in his arms, just laughing and giggling at each other. Then when the giggling died down, he looked at me and pushed a strand of wet hair out of my face. Giant grins on both of our faces.

"Hey, has it been a week yet?" Zion asked me, still in euphoria from the hilarious moment we just had.

"Eh, who's counting?" I shrugged with a mischievous smile on my face and kissed him joyfully.