Lawrence - Night Watch

"Lawrence!" I smacked his arm playfully as he just told me a dirty joke I never thought would escape his lips. He laughed to himself, glad he got a reaction out of me. "Shouldn't we be more quiet?"

We were downstairs on the bottom floor for our patrol. Our fingers intertwined as we roamed these halls, infatuated with each other. The moonlight shone through the border windows and the blood stained floor. But it didn't matter, we were with each other. I got a sort of tunnel vision whenever I was around him, I hung to his every word.

"Nah there's nothing down here don't worry. I just tell the rest it's dangerous so I can keep track of them all in one place." Lawrence said offhandedly, comfortable with me because he knew I trusted him wholeheartedly. "Which means we're alone." He looked at me mischievously, pulling me close.

"Oh Lawrence." I leaned in close, a kiss dancing on my lips that I teased him with. "You know I'm yours." I grinned, and his face heated up but he looked down at my lips, expecting. But I pulled away. "I want to get to know more about you. I know you know a lot about me." I looked up at him, and he was completely flustered.

"Well. What do you wan to know?" He pushed up his glasses, regaining his composure.

"What did you want to do after high school? You always seemed so driven." We continued walking hand in hand. I played with his fingers as a thought about his response.

"I really had no idea. Probably go off to college. Probably be a lawyer." Lawrence listed these things off subconsciously. "But I always wanted to..-no your gonna laugh at me." He stopped himself, his face getting impossibly redder.

"Lawrence. You literally made me into putty with your hands the other day. I'm not going to laugh." I reassured him, and he quietly chuckled.

"Okay but.." He paused, a smile on his lips, "I always wanted to be a baker."

"Oh my god, that is so cute!" I cried, and Lawrence was so flustered by me he had to avoid my gaze as I looked up at him. I used to think he never got flustered, he was always confident and steadfast. But I could see now how cute he was when he was a bit shy. "Tell me more!" I egged him on, I could tell he was hesitant but wanted to tell me about it.

"Well, I always cook at the house since uh-.. it was only my mom and I." He winced at the memory slightly, "But I grew to love it. Baking is so intricate and.." He trailed off, "I don't think I can really do that now though." He was disappointed at this reality.

"I don't think so. I'm sure we could find a way if we really wanted." My hope made him smile, "I bet your an amazing baker. Maybe once we find a way to make it happen, you could make me some cinnamon rolls sometime." I giggled, squeezing his hand. He looked at me, taken by my smile.

"Cinnamon rolls huh?" He asked, I nodded. "Noted." He nodded to himself, finding me infinitely adorable in return. I looked up at him, his beautiful brown eyes pondering.

"What are you thinking about right now?" I asked him, his eyebrows raising at my sudden question.

But then he shrugged, "Nothing. Just how long I've waited for this moment." My face flushed, god he knew how to be suave when he wanted to be. He gave me a light kiss on the cheek. "We should probably head back upstairs. It's a shame. I love spending time with you like this." Lawrence glanced at the stairs ahead of us.

"Don't worry I'm sure we'll find time." I reassured him.