Lawrence - A different introduction

Lawrence was a well accomplished individual in my eyes. He got straight A's, he was polite, charismatic, ambitious. He was handsome too, broad shoulders, stood up straight, and his glasses fit his face very well.

I was just an art student, I skipped class sometimes too, and grades weren't my forte. I was involved in the wrong crowd, partied instead of studied.

Even though I could see he stared at me sometimes in my math class, I could never hang around Lawrence, let alone be with him. Our social cliques were too far apart.

I would paint with Judy in my art class and secretly dream about being with him. I wish things were different.

Well, it's safe to say I got my wish I guess.

∆∇

It's been about two weeks since all hell broke loose. I have been on my own, not by choice. Ducking in between gas station stores living off of potato chips and jerky. Loneliness set in, my thoughts seemed to spiral out of control sometimes. It sometimes felt like paranoia or anxiety ruled and overwhelmed me. It was hard to keep myself grounded, but I was determined.

One day, a couple Zombies wondered into the department store. At first, I hid myself in the fridge they kept in the back. There were too many. But after a while, I convinced myself eventually I had to get out of here. These walls were suffocating me, and I needed to do something.

Eventually, I pulled out one of the wooden trays to defend myself in an effort to reclaim my territory.

I smashed the first Zombie over the head with the tray, SNAP, the tray broke in too and the zombie crumpled to the floor.

Everything became a blur, as another one got closer to me I picked up the broken pieces of the tray, and stabbed the zombie several times before it went down. Suddenly, the situation weighed on me.

These were people.

I froze. Another zombie came quickly towards me but I hesitated and it pushed against me, attempting to bite at my flesh.

It was heavy and was overpowering me, I could smell the rotting flesh in its breath. The flies on his face. I was terrified.

"Help!!" I screamed, suddenly my body started violently panicking and couldn't hold against it much longer, and I just screamed bloody murder.

Suddenly the zombie was ripped away from me and I was pulled into my feet. I immediately hugged whoever it was in an effort to shield my eyes from the man who was murdering the zombie that nearly killed me.

I could hear a metal bat being repeatedly and violently smashed against a skull, until I heard just squishing sounds. It was disgusting.

"It's okay, don't worry. It's over now." I herd a mans voice comfort me and put his hand my head to comfort me, "Stay close to me." I heard Lawrence's voice. I recognized it almost immediately. I never thought I would see him again. I held onto him even tighter.

"Ethan, did you find anything? No? Then let's go." Lawrence commanded him, gripping onto my wrist and holding me close to make sure nothing would happen to me. I gladly complied.

∆∇

Eventually the boys hurried me inside a gate, where Ethan and a boy named 'Zion' then quickly shut it and locked it.

I looked on ahead. I was facing a school, my school. It hadn't been long enough since I had just escaped from this hellhole.

I was safe, but my entire body was exhausted from the experience I went through, and the panic was just now starting to leave my system. I relaxed, and fatigue set in.

The group had a moment of silence to catch their breath. Lawrence had his hand clamped around my wrist the entire time. He had a death grip it seemed like, but I didn't mind it.

"Anyone hurt?" Lawrence called out, Lawrence looking back to me to see how I had fared through the fight back. I blinked, between my exhausted breaths.

Then I passed out due to complete and udder exhaustion.

∆∇

When I finally entered the entire classroom went quiet. I was covered in bruises and fresh cuts that were covered in bandages, some I already had from scavenging by myself, some I got on the dash over here. I saw the five boys who had saved me sitting in desks or standing around them.

I quickly scanned the room, avoiding all the staring eyes. Suddenly I hear a gasp and looked over in that direction. I notice Judy standing over on the far side of the classroom with someone, but her attention goes to me. She covers her mouth with her hand in shock, but then runs and hugs me so hard so I almost fall over. Tears stream down her face as she Explains how glad she is to see me again, in words so quickly spoken my head starts to spin. I hug her back with the same intensity.