Eugene - Path continued (5)

(Sorry, I'm about to make Lawrence much more vile. slight trigger warning for sexual abuse? Nothing actually happens don't worry)

Damn, I thought to myself. The keyholes on the lockers are too small for the key. I'd hate to go back empty handed. Just imagine the look on Scarletts face when I actually come back with something. It would be priceless, and maybe she would stop hating me so much.

I looked around. All of the classrooms on this floor were either opened, or ransacked. I would need to go downstairs to maybe find a classroom that would need a key.

I can't turn back now. I'm sorry Judy, I'll be careful. With that thought in my mind, I headed down stairs.

I spiked around the halls quietly, and I could see the remnants of utter chaos. Chair strewn about in panic, blood stains on the floor. I remember the panic and the violence when the attack hit the school. It makes my stomach roll, and it makes me shutter. I don't want to think about it right now, and I shut my eyes to clear my head.

Tap Tap Tap...

Suddenly I hear footsteps.

Tap Tap Tap..

And they're coming closer. Fuck. What do I do?! I should have listened to Judy.

.. TAP TAP TAP-

They're starting to speed up! Quick Hide!

I quickly duck into a classroom and try to close the door quietly and quickly. I slump against the door after I close it. I look up and exhale so that I can relax, but instead I see carnage. I see a dead body of a young teenager in the corner, still decaying, and soaked in his own blood. Next to that, a severed arm.. Ugh. I can only imagine what must of happened to make a person cut off their own arm?!

As I was taking in the sight, horrified, I felt a push at the door.

Then another. But I hold against it.

Until the pushing and knocking becomes furious, I try to hold against it. I'm in full panic mode, trying to hold myself against whatever wants me. And all this carnage around me can't be a good sign.

I hold and I hold, I dig my feet into the floorboards, I grit my teeth until they turn to dust. But in the end, the door bursts open and pushes me to the ground.

Quickly I get up to my feet to face the thing that seems to want me so desperately. And it's a masked and cloaked being. I am paralyzed with fear. But my instincts to survive kick in first.

I quickly form a fist and punch it across the face, and it staggers. I take it as an opportunity to run, but as I try to pass it in the doorway, it snatched my wrist, and puts a handcuff on me.

Alarmed to say the least, I try to wrench my way to freedom but it's much stronger than me, and drags me to a pipe in the wall and hand cuffs me too it. I fight against the cuffs with all my might, but it's useless.

Pinned with nowhere to go, I could almost see the figure smiling at me, it made me sick and terrified. I fought harder against the cuffs. But the figure just effortlessly pinned my remaining arm with his and he leaned on my legs so they wouldn't go anywhere.

I could hear a low chuckle escape from his lips as she started to take my jacket off, exposing my skin to the biting cold. I fought harder against the cuffs. I needed out of here.

It's hands began to wonder around my waist, it started to lay small hickeys on my jawline, and as it's hands began to travel up my shirt-

WHAM!

I managed to pull the pipe clear out of the wall and hit it across the face, leaving it dazed and leaving enough time to escape. I dashed out of that room, my handcuff still around the pipe, exhausted, but I would not let myself rest until I knew I was safe.

I ran up the stairs and ran and ran and ran.. Until I saw Zion talking to Eugene, then I let myself collapse onto the floor.

Cold, tired, and sweaty.

"Holy shit!" Zion noticed me immediately, Eugene snapping his head over after Zion's statement.

Zion carefully picked me up off the floor, holding my arm to keep me steady as I was so weak I could fall back down at any moment. Eugene just watched me with shock.

"The hell is this?!" Zion picked up my hand cuff, the pipe still dangling in it. I was still heavily panting. And I couldn't even imagine trying to explain what happened to me. They wouldn't understand or believe me either. Zion helped me get the handcuffs off of me as I caught my breath again.

Eventually when I got my bearings, they moved me into a classroom so that they could ask me what happened.

Zion asked, "Why were you hand cuffed?" I saw his eyes look over the hickeys on my neck, amongst the other bruises I acquired fighting against the figure. But I knew he didn't want to ask. I was sitting in the floor, my body overcome by fatigue.

"You don't want to know what happened to me, but I know someone here did it." And I looked at Zion with fire in my eyes. But I couldn't be more terrified. Zombies I can deal with, but only a human can do such a monstrous act.

They question me a bit further but at this point they know everything they want to know. They order me to rest a bit and they'll try to cover my shift for the night patrols today, and Zion heads out first. Which leaves Eugene just staring at me, wanting to tell me something but he's at a loss.

"I'm sorry." He uttered quietly.

"For what?" I replied.

"I'm-just.. I'm sorry." Eugene walks over to be and hugs me suddenly, "Let's stick together okay?....I can't loose my English buddy." He says in a light hearted tone to try and cheer me up. The softness of his words pierce my heart, and I just cry softly into his shoulder. I clung to him, and he did the same to me. And he would stay as long as I needed him too.