Zion - Racing Stripes (one shot)

(Rlly self indulgent one shot feat. me looking up 'how does nascar racing work' pls forgive me if some of this inaccurate, I rlly have no idea how any of this stuff works ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

"-as for our next driver, known as Bumblebee because of her affinity for yellow cars, is here with us today-heya sweetie could you say a couple words about the race?"

Your face appeared on screen, and you flashed your trademark smile that made all the guys swoon as the interviewer shoved a mic in your face.

"Don't be so hard on yourself. You finished in the top ten!" Judy walked back into the living room, with two mini tubs of ice cream she got from a drug store, she offered you one but you refused with a gesture of your hand, but she insisted. "One little bite won't hurt your performance! You should be celebrating!"

You were over at Judy's house, watching your recent cross-country race back. Her apartment was cute and quaint. but the Tenant, your best friend, was even cuter. You were both on different sides of a couch, watching a tv that was hung against the wall. You were frustrated and disappointed with yourself, but you didn't want to rain on Judy's parade so you kept your mouth shut, and quietly nibbled on your ice cream.

"And as for your next racer-" the interviewer continued on the screen.

"There he is! That's the bastard!" I you pointed as a handsome man with brilliant amber eyes and red hair came onscreen. Effortlessly confident, he spoke with a knowing smile.

"He's the guy that beat you?" Judy had a mouthful of ice cream in her mouth, "I dunno but he seems like a sweetheart."

"He beats me every single time. Zion is his name, most people call him Zee. But every time-Just by a hair, a couple of milli-seconds! Argh!" You threw your hands up in the air, "And he's always so patronizing about it! 'Better luck next time sweetheart!' 'Close call hun, but no dice.' It gets under my skin and I just-! Argh!" You were exasperated.

"I would sure like him under my skin.."

"Judy!"

"Sorry! Just telling the truth!" Judy giggled, your troubles seemed to fade a bit.

"Well. We'll be racing in Spain next time, so I'm going to make sure I beat him." You spoke with determination.

"Okay and while your at it, can you give him my number?" Judy chuckled in between bites of ice cream.

"Judy!"

∇∆

The next time, everything seemed far too familiar.

You brought Judy with you to Spain, because she always wanted to see the capital. You get there about an hour early, get your stuff and get ready. Judy's there every step of the way to encourage you.

"Are we gonna beat that red head sum-bitch!"

"Hope so. Been training for it." You spoke rather calmly, getting your things from your truck that she sat on playfully. You parked your car next to the trail with all the other racers, who were also getting ready. There was an air of nervousness you could feel that came with all racing days.

"I said! Are we gonna beat this red-haired sum-bitch!" Judy tried to rally me.

"Yeah we are!" I gave into her enthusiasm.

"Sum-bitch? I didn't think I warranted such a awful name." The voice was familiar. I snapped my head around to see the man himself, "How ya doin bumblebee?" He leaned against the truck, almost taunting you.

"Zee." You rolled your eyes at him, "You lost again? God forbid you're actually trying to talk to me." You ignored him for the most part, unpacking your thing from the cart.

Dangerous fellows - One shots and stuffजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें