Lawrence - Path continued (6)

I was alone now, but I could still feel Lawrence's lingering touch on my skin. I craved for more still. I sighed to myself.

Eventually my silence was interrupted when someone came knocking at my door.

We were all called to the home room to divide the daily rations, which was usually empty carbs from snacks that usually left you feeling disgusting and sluggish. But it was better than nothing.

"But I hate salt and vinegar!" Eugene wined, looking at his chips. While he sat in his desk. I was sitting in the desk across from him.

"Hey, I had it last time. So it's your turn." Zion said in his way out, "Sorry tike. I don't make the rules." He ruffled his hair to tease him, and left the room. Eugene mopped.

Ever since I made that remark after he mocked the key I found, he's been dodging me and avoiding eye contact. I should probably make up with him, it's better to have a friend than an enemy.

"Hey." I got his attention, pulling out a sealed sandwich from my bag. "I'll trade ya." It was clear he was a bit confused at how I managed to get my hands on such a thing, but I have my ways.

Eugene thought for a moment. "Deal." And I handed him the sandwich and he slid over the chips.

"Truce?" I asked, referring to the key incident.

"Truce." He nodded with a mouthful of sandwich in his mouth, understanding the point of what I'm saying.

I started eating the chips, but they were stale and overall pretty awful. I just ended up throwing them away.

Another meeting was held to discuss the lack of food. Lawrence stayed we would need to try to scavenge from some new areas of town if we wanted to find anything.

I was less focused than usual, maybe because it was Lawrence. I could tell in turn he avoided my gaze as well, trying not to distract himself with me. I could tell he liked me wearing his jacket, I bet it made him feel like he claimed me.

The meeting was again dismissed, but I couldn't find the motivation to get up. I just watched as Lawrence left the room. Before he headed out, he looked back at me and gave me a wink. It made me smile. I was still day dreaming a bit. Harry noticed my weird behavior.

"Hey.. Are you okay?" Harry stood above me as I sat in the desk. I prepared to brush him off, but when I looked up at him I could only see his gentle nature. I couldn't be rude to him.

"I'm okay Harry. Things have just changed." I explained, Harry looked to the door and back to me.

"Oh." I could see Harry process the situation, "But you should be careful. Lawrence can be a bit.. intense." He warned me, but he had no idea the extent of my exploits.

"I know." I looked to him and held his cheek to convince him I was listening his words. "I'll be careful." I smiled at him, trying to reassure him. I wasn't going to even try to explain what Lawrence and I had, he wouldn't understand.

"Alright then. I'll leave you be." Harry patted the hand on his face and held it with his hand instead and held it for a minute, before turning to leave.

"Wait Harry-" I called after him, and he turned his attention towards me, "Eugene told me to tell you he found a radio in the broadcasting room."

Harry looked at me, puzzled. "When did he find that?"

"Today."

"Did you he need your key?"

"No." There was visible concern and confusion on Harry's face.

"That room has been locked ever since we got here." Harry paused, "Someone must have opened it."

We stared at each other, silent. Odd. There wasn't much time to discuss however, because night patrols were in a hour or two.