Changing of the Guard

Keith and I were searching for Shiro. I was in a separate pod, Keith was in the red lion. We were trying to cover more ground.

"There's nothing out here, Coran," Keith said sadly.

"I'm sorry Keith," Coran told Keith.

"We're coming home," Keith said, turning the lion around towards the wormhole.

"Actually, I'm going to stay out here for a little longer," I told Keith.

"Are you sure?" he asked me.

"Positive," I answered.

I hadn't been the same since Shiro's disappearance, anyone could tell. I felt terrible for the way I'd treated him. I was being petty.

I ran my fingers through my hair, slightly pulling at it and screamed in frustration. How could someone just disappear like that?!

My attention was brought to my screen when a flashing warning label started going off.

"Warning. Enemy approaching."

"Enemy??" I looked around, trying to find a Galra ship, but found nothing. "This thing is broken!" I tried to get the warning to stop, but nothing I did was working. I groaned. "Coran, I'm coming back."

"Alright. We have a meeting with some representatives soon! Hurry, Y/N!"

I rolled my eyes not wanting to go. They would just ask about Voltron, and we'd have to tell them we can't form it.

"Maybe your pod's warning was correct," a female voice behind me said.

I turned around to be met with a beautiful Galran woman. Or, not? She looked Galran but she also didn't? Maybe half-Galra?

"Who are you and how did you get here?" I demanded.

"All in due time."

And I was out.

—————

When I woke up, I was in a dark room. I looked around and noticed it was a bedroom. It was larger than my own room at the castle, by a lot, and it looked to be Galra from the dark metal walls and floors. But it also looked like no one ever slept there.

I stood from the comfortable bed and went up to the door. I realized the door required a hand of Galra.

Was I kidnapped?

Where was the pod??

I tried my hand anyways. Of course it didn't work. Even though there wasn't an actual lock, I was locked in.

I thought to myself for a moment.

"Quiznak, are my nightmares going to come true?" I asked myself.

I walked back to the bed and sat on it. Not long after, the door opened and a man with purple skin and white hair stepped in. If I didn't have Keith, I would definitely fall for this guy.

I quickly stood up and summoned my sword.

"Oh, dear. My apologies for keeping you locked in here. It wasn't my intention. It also wasn't my intention to abduct you," the man told me. "Axca really got ahead of herself. I'm Prince Lotor, son of Emperor Zarkon."

My eyes went wide. I pounced on the man, pushing him to the ground. I put my sword to his neck while on top of him. I glared at him.

"So you're his heir?" I asked.

"If you wanted to do this, you could've asked," Lotor said.

My glare deepened. "Where's Shiro?"