The Belly of a Weblum

Three hours of planning. Three whole hours. And the whole time Hunk was asleep!

He woke up with a startled, "What did I miss?!"

"Oh nothing, we just figured out a plan to defeat Zarkon," Lance responded coolly.

"Oh really," Hunk asked. "I doze for ten minutes and you guys figure out how to defeat the forces of evil?"

"You've been asleep for three hours," Pidge told Hunk already annoyed with him.

The rest of us were looking at a diagram of Zarkon's ship putting finishing touches on the plan.

"I think we've got something here," Shiro said. "It's dangerous and there are a lot of moving parts, but if we can coordinate everything just right, then-"

"Zarkon's reign will be at an end," Kolivan interrupted Shiro. "And the savagery that's poisoned our Universe can finally be cleansed." He turned to Shiro. "You've done it, Shiro."

"We did it together," Shiro told Kolivan sticking out his hand. Kolivan took Shiro's hand and they shook hands.

"As long as we all stick to the plan, it should work," Allura said with a bit of sass.

"It will work. And perhaps then you'll learn that not all Galra are as bad as Zarkon," Kolivan told Allura with as much sass.

Allura turned her head to look at Keith. "I hope not."

"Ulaz was right to trust you all," Antok said.

"He sacrificed everything to bring us together. Let's honor him by taking down Zarkon," Shiro instructed.

"So what's the plan?" Hunk asked, finally joining us.

"The plan is amazing!" Lance said. "First, we inspect Zarkon's ship with a virus. Then, we make an extra large wormhole and lure Zarkon inside of it, zapping him a bajillion light years away! Then, when he pops out on the other side all like, 'Oh, why doesn't my ship work?' Voltron kicks his butt! Pew pew pew! Womp womp womp! Huh, he-yah!" He deepened his voice to sound like Shiro, '"I'll form the head!' That's what you say, Shiro. Yeah yeah? Yeah! We won for all time!" Throughout Lance's explanation, he was moving around all over the room pulling a hologram from different places.

"Wow. So this is it?" Hunk asked.

"I guess the only question is when do we strike?" Pidge asked.

"As soon as we build a teleduv big enough to wormhole Zarkon's ship," Coran said.

"Oh man, the teleduv again? Does that mean we need more scaultrite?" Hunk asked.

"That's just one of the many things we'll need," Allura said.

"Am I uh- am I sensing a trip back to the space mall here?" Hunk asked. My eyes got wide in excitement, hoping I would be able to go back to the weapon's shop.

"I'm afraid not. This is gonna take a lot more scaultrite than we can find in any Unilu shop," Coran said. "For this plan to succeed, we're going to need to spilt up. We all have a task to do."

"Keith, Hunk, you'll be in charge of getting the scaultrite. If any one of us fails, the entire plan fails," Coran said.

We travelled down to the Yellow lion's hangar to say goodbye to Keith and Hunk. Pidge and Hunk were crying while shaking hands. Keith and Shiro were hugging goodbye.

Keith turned to me.

"Good luck. Stay safe," I told him.

"Since when am I not safe?" He scoffed.

"Do you really want that answer?"

"Yeah, yeah," Keith said. He looked over at Allura who looked away from him. Keith looked down at the ground sadly.

"Keith, it's okay. She just needs time to adjust," I told him, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah, I know."

Pretty soon, Hunk and Keith got into the lion and they were gone.

"Lance, Pidge, Shiro, you will go infiltrate a Galra ship to find a prisoner they're keeping. We will need him for our plan," Coran instructed and we headed to the blue lion's hangar.

We waved goodbye to the three and soon they were off as well. Our next stop was to see Coran off. I wasn't entirely sure where he was going, but we said our goodbyes to him. Allura and I made our way to the main control room to head over to the Balmera for a new crystal.

"Are you ready?" Allura asked.

"Of course I am," I smiled at Allura.

She began to pilot the castle towards the Balmera.

"I know Shiro told you not to go into my father's study, but he's not here right now. Besides, we've got hours before we arrive at the Balmera," Allura looked back at me.

My eyes got wide and I looked at Allura. "Really?!"

"Go on, now!" Allura told me.

I quickly made my way to Alfor's study ready to increase my knowledge on Altean culture. I smiled to myself as the door opened and I was greeted by the familiar room full of books and sculptures of Altean life.

A/N: so I was rewatching this episode for research purposes and I didn't notice this before but one of Lotor's generals was in the belly of the weblum SHOOK

Anyways hi I updated

Also, so close to being done with season 2 🥺