Tears of the Balmera

"Allura! What do we do now?" I asked through the intercom.

"There's not much time before they get the ship running again. You must shut off the particle barrier so we can get in," Allura answered.

"You got it," Pidge said. "Tell is what to do."

"The particle barrier generator is beneath the main hall," Allura told us what to do. Pidge and I ran to the generator room. "Pidge, (Y/N), have you made it to the generator room?"

"This technology is so advanced. I don't know if I can figure it out..." Pidge said.

"You have two people there, you can do it," I heard Keith's voice.

"The lives of your fellow Paladins are at stake," Allura said. "You can't give up."

"Okay, guide us through it, Allura," Pidge said.

"Shutting down the barrier from this room could be dangerous. Remember the barrier is also a weapon. So, stay away from energy arcs," Allura said.

"Don't touch the giant lightning bolts, got it!" I said.

"Now what I'm going to need to you do is—" Allura started, but Pidge was pushed by Rover. Lasers started being shot at us. "Pidge! (Y/N)! Hello! Are you there?" Pidge and I started running as fast as we could. Galra droids were chasing us. "What's going on?" Was the last thing I heard before I got too focused on running.

Pidge and I were hiding behind a pillar. Rover looked out from the side and the droids started shooting. Pidge was looking at stuff on her mini dashboard, I was keeping watch and shooting back at the droids.

"Our only way out is two floors up! Seriously!" Pidge looked at the droids when she closed the small dashboard. She opened up a new one and said "Let's try this!"

A Pidge clone ran out from behind the pillar and started running. I heard one of the droids say "There" and they shot the clone. The clone disappeared and lighting shot back at some of the droids. When the last droid was distracted, we ran out from behind the pillar and started running away. When the droid saw us, he started shooting at us. Fortunately, no one was hurt. Well, besides my previous wounds. Pidge used her Bayard as a grappling hook and latched onto a beam on the ceiling.

"Hold onto me!" Pidge yelled. I did as she told me to and we ungracefully swung to a higher level. "Woah! Can't believe that worked!"

"You mean you didn't know if it was going to work before you did it?" I said. More droids came and started shoot at us. "We'll save this for another time!"

Pidge and I crawled through the vents. When we reached the end, she used her Bayard to cut an opening, and kicked it open even more. We were in the training deck. We started running across the deck until I heard glass break and two droids jumped out in front of us. They started shooting. Pidge and I formed our shields and I formed my gun to start shooting back at them. Let me just tell you, that hurt more than getting shot in the first place!

"Invisible maze! Let's see them get through this!" Pidge said. We both ran to the end of the training court and Pidge enabled the maze.

Pidge opened a hatch to more vents and we crawled through. She let me go first. We weren't in the vent for more than a second until shooting began once more. Pidge and I went down different ways. I went left, she went right. The droid followed Pidge. I was alone.

"Pidge. We got separated, just keep doing what you're doing, I'm going to try to find a way to rescue Lance and Shiro," I told Pidge.

"(Y/N), you're hurt, you shouldn't be fighting, especially on your own," Pidge said.