Blade of Marmora

We were all huddled up in the main control room waiting for the next battle we'd have to fight. I was waiting around sitting on the stairs while everyone else had their own designated place. I really don't understand why I needed to be at these things.

"Coran?" Shiro asked. "How soon will we get to the Blade of Marmora's base?"

"Based on the coordinates Ulaz gave us, we should be there in a few dobashes," Coran answered.

"I can't wait to see it," Pidge said excitedly. "I mean, they were able to fold space-time, and that was just at an outpost!"

"Mmm, the space taco. It left us too soon," Hunk said.

"Well, sure... but my point is, imagine how amazing their home base will be!" Hunk said.

"Exactly! It can take on any shape! Like a space jelly donut. Or long, like a space eclair. Or a space cheese blintz with cherry sauce on top. Maybe a little dusting of powdered sugar. That's the stars," Hunk said.

"Aw! Now I'm hungry for breakfast!" Lance complained.

"Guys, this is a serious mission, we need to focus," Keith scolded.

"Yes! Please!" I begged, looking up from my book. "Some of us are trying to concentrate."

"We need to focus," Lance mimicked like a child.

I sighed and put down my book, leaning my head back with closed eyes. 'He's so immature.'

"The base is in range," Coran said.

I opened one of my eyes to try to see what was on the screen. There was a blue giant star being sucked up by not one, but two black holes.

"Take us in slowly," Shiro told him.

"That might prove the tiniest bit of a challenge," Coran told Shiro.

"Is that a black hole?" Hunk asked.

"No, no, no, no," Coran answered. "It's two black holes! And a giant blue star!"

"That's not better!" Hunk said.

"No kidding. Just inside a black hole, the temperature is one millionth of a degree above absolute zero. But just outside of that, it's hundreds of millions of degrees Celsius," Pidge explained.

"Okay! It's like when you try to nuke a frozen burrito in the microwave and comes out all scorching hot on the outside but it's still frozen on the inside. Right?" Hunk asked relating the scenario to food.

"Now I'm hungry for lunch!" Lance complained.

I saw Keith tense in anger and then he said, "Guys, quiet! Coran, where's the base located?"

"In between those three diddly celestial objects," Coran said, bringing up an image of the base.

"The perfect defensive position," Pidge said.

"Or the perfect trap," Allura said, not trusting them at all.

"Yeah, I'm with Allura, maybe we shouldn't go in there at all?" Coran said.

"What are you talking about? We have to go in!" Keith yelled. "This is the whole reason we came out here. There is no other option!"

"Keith! Calm down," I tried to calm him, but it didn't work.

There was a beep on the screen and a female voice told us to identify ourselves.

"Open a hailing frequency, Coran," Shiro said. Coran did as he was told. "We are the Paladins of Voltron, sent here by Ulaz."