Some Assembly Required

I woke up the next day quite early. Though, Coran and Allura we're awake before me. I got dressed in normal clothes and went to the main control room.

"Good morning Allura, good morning Coran," I said with a yawn.

"Good morning, (Y/N), you're awake early," Allura said.

"Yeah, I can never really sleep," I said.

"Well, you're just in time for the Paladin's wake up call," Coran said.

"Ooh, I can't wait. Can I get in on it?" I asked excitedly.

"Go ahead! Let loose!" Allura said.

Coran smashed a few buttons on his hologram control panel and alarms went off. Coran and Allura started yelling into a speaker.

"The castle's about to be destroyed! Go go go! We need Voltron now! Hurry we can't survive much longer!" Allura cried into the speaker.

"You've got to sell it a bit more," Coran said. He took the speaker. "Oh no! Allura's dead! Ah! It's horrible! Her head fell off! Wait! Her severed head is trying to speak to me! What is it, Allura's Head? What are your final words?" By this time, Shiro, Keith, Pidge, and Hunk were all standing in front of us. I was slightly laughing in the background.

"Coran..." Allura said in a stern voice.

"What is it?" Coran Said.

"It's over," Allura said Dead panning.

"Oh, Allura! I know! Agh! If only Voltron were formed!" Coran finally managed to see the Paladins and straightened his posture. "Oh! Sorry!"

"I... guess this isn't an actual attack..." Shiro said.

"And it's a good thing it wasn't because it took you... Coran?" Allura scolded.

"Seventy-five degrees. Oh! Sorry! No! This is a meat thermometer!" Coran corrected himself.

"However Long it was, it was too long. You must always be ready to do battle with Zarkon. Look at you. Only Shiro is in uniform. Keith, Pidge, Hunk, where are your bayards? And where is Lance?
(Y/N) is the only one that was awake! And she knew what we were going to do!" At that moment Lance walked in in his pajamas.

"Good morning everybody, what's going on?" Lance asked.

"Coran and I have been up for hours, getting the castle back together. We had to run a test on the alarms and we decided to test you as well. Guess which one failed?!" Allura scolded.

"Hey," Hunk yawned. "You got to sleep for ten thousand years man. Monday night, I was on Earth, now I've flown through space, fought some evil alien named Zarkon, eaten goo in some weird castle, that's a lot to process in..." he thought about it for a moment. "I-I-I don't know, what day is today?"

"It's the third quintant of the Spicolian movement. Hump day!" Coran answered.

"It's a lot to process!" Hunk said.

"You must understand the stakes of our mission, over the last ten thousand years, the castle picked up distress beacons from the following locations," Allura said while bringing up coordinates of the distress beacons, "so we have to assume that Zarkon has conquered almost the entire known universe." She swiped her hand left and the coordinates moved around us. "Earth is here. An attack on your planet is inevitable."

"Oh no..." I muttered.

"Exactly. Our mission is to free all of those planets." The coordinates disintegrated. "Coran and I are getting the castle ready to leave Arus. During that time, you have to learn how to form Voltron so we can begin fighting Zarkon."