Best Laid Plans

"Thank you, Ryner, for all you and the Olkari have done to assist us," Allura's voice was heard through our transmission. "Once we defeat Zarkon. It is my hope that we can continue to unite our forces and rebuild the once great coalition that my father, King Alfor, began."

"Princess, it's time," Coran told Allura.

"Everyone lock into position. We're taking this thing up," Shiro instructed. All the Paladins places their lions in the right place in the giant teleduv. "Princess, we are go for launch."

"Charging main turbine," Allura told us.

The castle began flying up to the atmosphere. That was our cue to follow their lead. The lions' mouths were holding onto the giant teleduv as we followed to castle. The teleduv was able to attach to the castle or something once we got into space, so the Paladins piloted the lions to their hangars and we met in the main control room to go over the plan once more.

"Alright, guys, listen up," Shiro instructed. "I'll use the black lion to lure Zarkon's fleet to our current location and make sure he's in the teleduv's area of effect," While Shiro was saying this, he moved the hologram black lion over to the giant teleduv as well as Zarkon's ship. "Keeping the teleduv hidden behind the space-fold until the last possible second is essential. We can count on you, right, Slav?" Shiro looked over to the penguin, owl, thing with many arms.

"Absolutely, I'll be fine," Slav said. "I'm not sure about the gravity generator though."

"What? What was that last thing?" Hunk asked.

"Hiding a ship is one thing, but I've never had to build a gravity generator for something this large before! I know it will work, but I'm not really sure for how long," Slav expressed his worry.

That's when I started having doubts about this plan.

"Well, that's a risk we'll have to take," Shiro said. "Once Zarkon's ship is in position, Kolivan and Antok will coordinate with Thace. Together, they'll take down Zarkon's security system and upload the virus."

"And then he'll be a sitting du-flax," Pidge said cockily, adjusting her glasses. We all looked at her questioningly. "What? A du-flax is an Altean creature with a beak and webbed feet."

"We'll wormhole Zarkon five hundred million light years away!" Coran came in with his enthusiastic self. He threw something, I don't know what or where he got it then continued with, "And he'll be in the Yggiz Galaxy before he knows what's hit him!"

"What about Thace?" Shiro asked Kolivan.

"He should be getting into position now," Kolivan answered. "We received his last communication three quintants ago. We should hear from him soon."

"Let's do it," Shiro said, determination in his voice.

Shiro left to get to the lion's hangar while everyone else went to their stations. Minus me, not having a station of my own. I stood next to Antok and Kolivan. Within minutes, Shiro was on a transmission.

"Zarkon took the bait. He's got my location, is everybody in position?" He asked.

"We've not yet heard from Thace," Kolivan said. "He was supposed to contact us two Vargas ago."

My suspicions of this plan going smoothly was growing.

"He could've been captured," Antok said.

"Or killed. We need to abort the mission immediately," Kolivan instructed.

"Abort?" Allura questioned. "No! We cannot back away now."

"The Blade of Marmora does not take chances," Antok said. "It's how we've survived for so long."