Trust in Keith

"So, (Y/N)?" Keith asked. I hummed in response. "Why did you want me to stay behind?"

"I have nightmares, and I can't sleep," I answered truthfully.

"What are these nightmares about? And how long have you had them?" Keith asked me.

"Since my mom left. I never told Shiro, I didn't want him worrying about me. They got worse when Shiro went missing. Now he's back and they've gotten less frequent." I answered part of his question.

"But what are they about?" Keith asked again.

"Recently, there's a woman, an evil woman, who looks like my mom in so many different ways, but in no way at all. She just reminds me of my mom. She works for Zarkon. I've never heard her name in my dreams, but I know she works for Zarkon. She tortures different species of different planets that she thinks may know of any information that she needs. Then, she turns around to me, from the point where I'm looking, and says, 'You're going to be in their shoes soon.'"

"Why haven't you told me about this?" I heard Shiro's voice come from behind us.

"You were listening to our conversation?" I jumped up, turned around, and asked Shiro.

"I only heard the part of you nightmares," Shiro said, "sorry, I came back to see if I left something here then heard you talking about your dreams. I had to listen."

"Come, sit," I patted at the spot next to me. Shiro did as I asked. "Honestly, I wasn't going to tell you until they stopped. It's not because I don't trust you or anything, I just didn't want you to have to worry for something else."

"I'm your brother, it's my job to worry," Shiro said.

"And I'm your sister, it's my job to worry about your mental health as well," I rebutted.

"And what did you expect me to do?" Keith asked.

"I honestly didn't expect anything of you, I just thought maybe if I told someone about the nightmares, they would stop," I said.

"(Y/N), if you're ever wake up to a nightmare, come to one of our rooms," Shiro said.

"You'd trust me in a guy's room that isn't your own?" I asked.

"I trust Keith," Shiro said.

"Oh... alright," I said, agreeing to that arrangement, though I wasn't going to bother them.

"Okay, Good night," Shiro said.

"Good night," Keith and I said at the same time.

"Are you going to stay awake longer?" Keith asked me.

"I'll go to sleep when you do," I told Keith.

"Okay," Keith said. "Good night."

"Good night."

Keith and I went to sleep. Well, Keith went to sleep. I stayed up, staring at the wall until I finally passed out from exhaustion.