A Simple Argument

When we finally got out of the teleduv, I retreated back to my room to grab some clothes to take a nice shower. When my door opened, it revealed an angry Shiro.

"Okay, Shiro, I know your mad at me for not being there for my team, I swear I'm working on it! I'm trying the best I can to not get too engulfed into those books!" I told Shiro.

"Yeah? Well, until you can actually control your reading, you're not to go into that room," Shiro said.

"Wait, Shiro, are you grounding me?" I asked.

"I guess you could say that. Y/N, you're grounded," Shiro said.

"Shiro! You can't do that! If you were in my shoes, you would understand!" I told Shiro.

"What I do understand is that ever since you've found out your half-Altean, you've been letting down your team!" Shiro yelled at me.

"I'm just a co-pilot, Shiro! You don't need some extra person to form Voltron! You've done it before on the Balmera!" I defended myself.

"That doesn't change the fact that you're letting down your team! Keith won't leave his hangar without you! You have our back in all of the battles!" Shiro yelled.

"Yes, But you all can see what's coming for you too! It's in your sensors! Shiro, I just want to feel useful for once!" I yelled at him, pushing passed him and running to the room so I could go somewhere without Shiro following me.

I heard Shiro call after me, but I didn't stop. I kept going. I saw Keith in the hallways, and he asked me what was wrong, but I didn't answer and kept running. He followed after me. When I stopped at my destination, I heard Keith panting behind me. I opened the door, walked in, and closed it as soon as I got into the room without letting Keith in. I heard Keith banging on the door asking me to let him in.

"Y/N! What happened! Talk to me!" Keith banged.

I slid down on the door and started to cry, saying to myself, "I just want to feel useful for a change."

What Keith said next surprised me because I thought I was speaking quietly so no one could hear me. "You are useful."

After a couple seconds, I opened the door. Keith looked at me in shock, seeing tears in my e/c eyes and hugged me tightly. We stayed in that position for a long time.

A/N: Aye angst. This is the product of my sadness for the past couple of weeks