The Black Paladin

The doors to the main control room opened and Shiro automatically started giving orders.

"Pidge, scan the download from the ship. Find out where Zarkon's central command is," Shiro ordered taking off his helmet.

"On it," Pidge was already at her seat with Hunk behind her.

"What happened? Where's Allura?" Coran asked worriedly running up to Keith, Lance, Shiro, and I.

"They captured her. She sacrificed herself to save me and the information. I didn't have a choice," Shiro said. He sounded hurt.

"How is that possible!" Coran yelled.

"Coran, I'm sorry things didn't go as planned but we can't focus on what went wrong. We gotta focus on figuring out how to make it right. Pidge, anything?" Shiro said.

"Guys, look at this," Pidge said. She moved the data on her screen onto the bigger screen.

"Look at the size of it," Coran said in awe.

"I think we should go in right away. Every minute we waste gives Zarkon time to prepare for us," Pidge said.

"I agree. We fly in, fly out, dust our hands off, and walk away," Lance said.

"Lance, it's not going to be that easy," I told him.

"Uh, do you guys not remember the Balmera? We could barely take out one fleet, but this? A base this big could hold a thousand fleets!" Hunk said.

"Or! Maybe we shouldn't go on this mission at all. Think about it. We'll be delivering the universe's only hope to the universe's biggest enemy," Keith said.

"Keith, that's cold even for you," Hunk stated. "What if it was one of us? What if it was me? You wouldn't leave me, would you? Would you?"

"I'm not saying I like the idea. I'm just thinking like a paladin!" Keith said.

"No, you're thinking of yourself because you're too scared to do what's right!" Lance said.

"Okay, we're all upset because we lost Allura—" Pidge was cut off by Coran.

"No! Shiro lost Allura," Coran yelled.

"Okay! This isn't helping!" I yelled at everyone.

"We can't just sit here and bicker like this!" Hunk yelled.

"Let's focus," I said.

"How are we going to get Allura?" Shiro took charge.

"Let's find out," Lance said sitting down at his seat and bringing up his hologram screen. He looked at the data Pidge had on the Galra control center.

Everyone except Shiro, Coran, and I were sitting down at their control boards. I stood beside Keith because I had nothing else to do.

"Did you find anything?" I asked Keith.

"No," he answered.

"Keith?" I asked.

"What?" He answered again.

"If I We're with Allura right now, would you still say the same thing you said about not saving her?" I asked.

Keith stayed silent for a moment. "Of course not."

"Everyone! Eyes front! We've got a plan to get Allura!" Shiro commanded. "We're going to jump to the heart of the enemy unseen and undetected."