Taking Fight

I quickly opened my eyes with a gasp. I just fell out of the pod I was in. As I waited for the impact, nothing came. Instead, I felt the same pair of arms as before. I looked up and smiled at Keith.

"I got you. Be careful," Keith chuckled.

I stood up fully by myself and hugged Keith. He was shocked at first then hugged me back. Tears started falling from my eyes, but I didn't let anyone see.

"Are you okay?" Keith asked.

"Yeah, where's Shiro?" I asked letting go of Keith and looking around for Shiro. I finally found him next to Allura. I walked over to Shiro and hugged him. He jumped a little shocked to see me hugging him. Finally, he hugged back.

"Oh hey, you're awake!" Shiro said.

"Yup," I said letting go. "How long was I asleep?"

"Two days," Allura answered me. "Alright, sense you're both awake, let's get you two some food."

We all walked to the dining room so Lance and I could eat. It's been two days and I'm famished. We got to the dining room and Lance and I sat down with some food goo. We started eating. It felt kind of awkward with everyone staring at us while we ate, I'm not gonna lie.

"He'd be Sendak's prisoner had it not been for Pidge and (Y/N)," Allura said.

"I didn't do much to be honest," I said. "It was all Pidge."

"Well you two wouldn't have survived if Hunk and Coran hadn't gotten a new crystal," Pidge said.

"Wow, thanks everybody," Lance said. "Sounds like the mice did more than you though," Lance looked at Keith.

"I punched Sendak!" Keith said.

"Yeah, apparently after I emerged from a coma and shot his arm off," Lance said.

"We had a bonding moment! I cradled you in my arms!" Keith exclaimed.

"Nope! Don't remember, didn't happen," Lance said.

"I remember that much," I said.

"So what happened to Sendak?" Lance asked ignoring what I said.

"He's frozen in a cryo-pod. We're keeping him here in the castle," Allura answered.

"Isn't that dangerous?" I asked.

"He's too dangerous to be set free. We might be able to get some information about Zarkon from him."

"So... what's the plan now?" Lance asked.

"We have to get back to the Balmera and save Shay and her people!" Hunk said.

"Wow you are really hung up on this lady," Lance said.

"No. It's not like that. Look. Guys. When you see how Zarkon has treated these people and destroyed their home— they've been under his thumb for so long they don't even know what it is to be free. It's up to us to set this right. This is what being a Paladin of Voltron is all about. It's time to man up," Hunk said.

"Uh, who's Shay?" I asked.

"A girl he met on the Balmera," Shiro said.

"Oh."

"Anyways. Let's get moving. Time to go defend the Universe," Shiro said. Lance and I stood up from the table and everyone started following Shiro until we were stopped by Pidge.