After the Split

(A/N: Another oneshot while waiting on me to update because yes)

"Y/N! Wait! Where are you going!" Keith called to me as we both walked out of the Garrison building.

"I'm getting away from you. Leave me alone, Keith," I told Keith.

"But Y/N, where are you going?" Keith asked.

"Away from you," I answered walking away.

———

"Y/N, there's a new job for you tonight. The client wants a device that can let them listen through walls without it being suspicious," my boss told me.

"I told you I was taking a break for a couple days," I said.

"By what if I told you this person is willing to pay a lot of money?" My boss said.

"I would ask how much money?" I told her.

"And I would respond with this," she slid a piece of paper to me. I looked at it and my eyes went wide.

————

"What do you mean you think he's dead?!" I yelled through the phone.

"I mean we haven't had contact with him or his crew. We can only assume they've all died," the person on the other side of the phone told me calmly.

"No, that's not true! Someone isn't doing their job right!" I yelled, tears starting to form in my eyes.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but we just don't think Shiro is coming home."

"I—" before I could yell at them anymore, I hung up.

I cried for a while, alone in my room. I couldn't go to the apartment Shiro shared with Adam, because it was technically Adam's apartment and he told Shiro he didn't want anything to do with the space exploration.

"Shiro, I'm sorry," I cried.

————

"Tonight's the night. Whatever this 'Voltron' is, is coming tonight. I'm gonna be the first to see it!" I said to myself.

I grabbed the equipment I made and left my apartment to get next to the Garrison, they had the best satellites.

———

"Shiro?" I asked with disbelief. Looking at the ship, I saw someone I didn't want to see. "Keith."

A/N: hi. Don't kill me. I've been really frickin busy with school. Also a dog. Whenever I sit down to write, my dog is either wanting to play or starting a fight with my cat ;-;. But yeah, I've been working on the next chapter, it's not done yet, there's still like... 12 minutes of that episode.... I think... but I just wanted to post this so that I can give y'all the update you deserve. ALSO, AFTER FRIDAY, MARCHING BAND SEASON WILL BE OVER (finally) AND I'LL HAVE A BREAK FROM SCHOOL NEXT WEEK SO I'LL BE ABLE TO UPDATE. Will I actually update is the real question tho...