I put on some clothes and scarfed down some breakfast, and then I saw a car drive up to my apartment. It was just like the one that Niall was riding in last time he came by. I saw him get out of the car, grab a suitcase and walk towards the door. I opened the door and let him inside, and he had a huge smile on his face.

Once the door was closed, I said "Happy birthday!" And gave him a kiss.

"That's the only thing I needed," he said. He wore his sweats and a snapback, and I felt an overwhelming desire to cuddle with him. 

"I think that the only thing you need for your birthday is to see your baby for the first time," I said with a hand on my stomach. 

"That too," he said. He went upstairs to put his bag away and then it was time to go to the doctors. I had no idea how everything would work out- from getting in the car and getting out of the car and be seen walking into the hospital and into the maternity wing. 

"Let's go!" He said. I checked outside for any paps, and then had him sit in the back of the car. I sat in the driver's seat. 

"If we stop at any stoplights or stop signs, you need to duck below the window," I said, buckling my seat belt.

"We need to say a prayer, this is a huge risk," Niall joked. This was a huge risk. It was so easy for us to get caught seen together and in this situation. Even with Niall's sunglasses and hat, he could be recognized by dedicated fans. 

I opened my glove compartment and took out a knit scarf. "Get bundled up," I said, and tossed it to him.

The hospital wasn't too far away, but there were a few red lights where I could feel my heart skip a beat because of nosy neighbors. 

I decided to drop Niall off in the front so he could go in and wait for me, while I parked the car. I found a spot as quick as possible and hurried inside. I couldn't leave him alone for too long or else he could be noticed. 

He got a couple of stares from the scarf covering the majority of his face in the middle of September, but other than that, it wasn't too bad. 

I checked in at the desk, and we took a seat in the waiting area.

"You look so stupid," I whispered. 

"Thanks," he whispered back.

"Can I take a picture?" 

"Sure," he said. I laughed from excitement and grabbed my phone to snap a quick picture. 

"Now we have this forever," I said, and showed him the picture.

"That's sexy," he added, and put his hand on my leg. 

"You are sexy."

"Alyssa Thomas?" A doctor called from the doorway.

"That's us!" I said, and stood up. Niall stood up behind me, and followed my rule of not saying anything with his Irish accent. A dead giveaway.

"How are you feeling, Alyssa?" The doctor asked. 

"I'm feeling better, thank you," I said.

"I see you're starting to show," She said.

I nodded and smiled. I was wearing a shirt that was on the tighter side, and you could see a small bump. She looked over some papers that I had filled out last time. 

"Is there a reason you left the father's name blank?" She asked, eyeing the paper.

"No reason, I probably forgot," I lied. 

"Is this the father?" She said looking at Niall. "Why is he wearing a scarf and sunglasses? We're indoors and its 70 degrees in here." 

I looked at Niall, unsure of what to do. We really hadn't thought this far ahead. We weren't even sure if we were going to stay with this doctor, because we needed a doctor who can travel with us when One Direction tours in the spring.