seventy-five.

+ fluff +

I sat on the bench, my elbows propped up on the table as I stared blankly ahead of me, squished between Jane and Tilly as they wrote their articles for the paper that they were meant to write at home. Both Gilbert and I had been avoiding eachother all day, and I had done my hardest to make sure not to leave Jane's side so that he wouldn't have the opportunity to try and talk to me.

I had no idea what there was to talk about. Maybe he would shout at me for kissing him a few nights ago, and that's fair because I was completely in the wrong. Or maybe it was because I had completely ruined any relationship and future he had with Winifred, but i'm guessing he hasn't even told her about it, or about our past relationship in general.

"It is really so bad? they are practically engaged" Ruby asked, standing next to the desk with her hands on it as I piped back onto the conversation, lunch having just ended and the afternoon getting into swing. "Were" Jane corrected as I cleared my throat, pushing my hair over my shoulder as I leaned back a bit, straightening my back as I listened in.

"Billy had no right regardless" Anne said, her voice raised as we all turned towards her, the red heads cheeks flushed with annoyance. "None of us saw what happened" Jane said to Anne, giving her a pointed look as I rubbed my lips together, shaking my head as I tried to form a sentence in my head, which was difficult due the amount of thoughts clouding it.

"Besides, Josie has always been ill bred, remember how she forced us to play that kissing game?" Jane asked, all he girls falling silence as they nodded their heads, the 'kissing game' clearly happening well before my time in Avonlea, which I am quite glad of just by the sound of it. "The were unchaperoned" Tillie added, looking up from the paper she was writing on as she raised her eyebrows, everyone looking at her.

"When lavender lewis was caught doing some matrimonial sampling with Stephan Mills, no one would marry her after that she had to move to Winnipeg" she added as I let out a sigh, dropping my head onto the table as it fell with a thump, which hurt my forehead a little bit. All the girls stopped talking as they looked at me, a bit confused on my action as I lifted up me head, shaking it gently.

"Let's day Billy hadn't stopped with a kiss, he could have completely violated Josie and left her lying in the bushes, her life destroyed" I said, my voice holding a lot of anger as they all fell silent, every single one of their eyes on me, their brows furrowed in confusion. "Do you guys even understand what happens between a married man and woman?" I asked them, looking at all of them as they one by one shook their heads at me, making me sigh.

"You guys don't even know how babies are made, it doesn't really shock me that you don't see what's wrong with this conversation" I said to them, shaking my head as I looked down at the table, not wanting to fight any of them right now, especially Jane, as she was my scapegoat from Gilbert at this current moment in time.

"What's do you mean stopped with a kiss?" Ruby asked me, making me look over at her as she leaned forward towards me, her eyes wide as she stared at me, swallowing a lump in her throat. "What's after a kiss?" she asked me as I parted my lips, realising I had dug myself a hole that I was currently trying to get out of as fast as possible, not ready to explain to four teenage girls what comes after a kiss.

"Josies reputation is ruined" Jane said before I could answer her, which made me let out a small sigh of relief. "Why isn't Billy's?" Anne shouted at us, all of us falling silent as we looked over at her, her hands on either side of her as she planted lightly in anger. "He was heedless and disrespectful Josie has every right to be upset" she continued, her voice still loud as we all stared at her, my mouth about to move to agree with her as Gilbert came over a small smile on his face as he looked over at Anne, holding the ink towel in his hands.

I immediately looked away from him, turning to Jane as I squinted my eyes at her, pretending to pull something out of her hair. "What is it?" she asked me as I shrugged my shoulders, acting as if I was struggling as she tilted her head down to let me get it. "Just some fluff I think" I replied, turning my back to Gilbert, who had been preparing the print and press to get the paper ready for the Saturday mass tomorrow morning.

"So I suppose we should get to work" he asked as I stayed in my position, still acting as if I couldn't grab something in Janes hair as she pulled her head away from me. "Just leave it" she said, shaking her head at me with a small smile as I nodded my head at her, turning back to the front, keeping my head down and my eyes on my hands, even though I could feel Gilbert's eyes burning a hole on me.

"Is it more important to talk about who had the biggest cabbage than to discuss issues which concern an entire gender?" Anne shouted at the boy, making me look up, everyone in the room falling silent as we looked over at the pair. Gilbert was staring at Anne in shock, having not expected to get his head bitten off when he had come over.

"What's your hurry?" Anne shouted at Gilbert who didn't say anything, Anne standing back as she looked around the classroom dropping her hands down by her side angrily. "You don't need a crystal ball to see that Josie Pye has been wronged" she shouted through the room, her voice bouncing off the walls as Moody walked over slowly, a nervous look on his face as he pointed at the print and press in the corner, opening his mouth slowly, also scared that Anne may shout at him.

"Do you want to write about the balloon?"

——

A/N: hey guys, here's another chapter for you
sorry I haven't updated in a few days but here's one that I actually quite like (that doesn't happen often) so I hope you guys also enjoy it
I hope you are all coping well right now, where are you guys from and what are the restrictions like where you live?
please vote and comment
STAY HOME AND STAY SAFE

A/N: hey guys, here's another chapter for you sorry I haven't updated in a few days but here's one that I actually quite like (that doesn't happen often) so I hope you guys also enjoy it I hope you are all coping well right now, where are you guys...