eleven.

+ the lake +

"Oh if seas part us make my memory in your heart be everlasting" Anne shouted at me from the rickety wooden dock as I stood on the other side of the lake bank, the green grass under my feet as Diana stood by my side as I held my hand out in front of me, almost reaching out to Anne with all my acting skills being worked. The water was glittering under the sun as we stood in our dresses, my hair blowing in the wind as I acted sad.

"Cordelia, your memory in my heart will match the one in my head for the rest of my mortality" I shouted back as Diana giggled from my side, covering her mouth to quieten it as Anne and I looked over at her, a smile cracking out on my face as both Diana and I broke out into loud laughter as I threw my head back. "Diana" Anne shouted in between our cackles as I covered my smile, looking over at the dark haired girl as she had her hands up in surrender.

"I couldn't help it, it was too funny" Diana said as I stopped laughing, Anne having an angry look on her face as she turned around, walking off of the dock as it creaked, now grumpy and slightly annoyed at us for ruining it as she made her way around to us on the bank. I sat down on the ground, setting my hands out behind me as I felt the grass under my hands, Diana sitting down next to me. "You ruined it" Anne said as she plonked herself down next to us, crossing her legs as she pulled her dress over her knees.

"It's okay Anne, it was just a game" I told her as I shook my head with a smile, looking over the small body of water as Anne let out a loud sigh. "We can play again another day" Diana said as she put her hand on Anne's back, causing me to look over at her with a smirk, still trying to hide my laughter. "I love the lake, does it freeze over in winter?" I asked, trying to change the subject as I looked over at them, Anne still staring at her hands as Diana nodded her head.

"It does, it's amazing, we normally skate on it" Diana told me as I nodded my head, looking back out at the lake. "I've never skated before" I said as Anne looked over at me, her anger no longer in her eyes. "I hadn't skated either before I came to Avonlea, it's not difficult I can teach you" Anne said to me as a smile grew on her face, she never could stay angry for long. "I'd love that" I said to her as I stretched my legs out in front of me, the grass against my legs as I looked up at the blue sky.

"How is your family Kate?" Diana asked me as I looked over at her with a soft smile. "My brother just bought a horse, do you guys ride?" I told them as Anne looked over at me with glee, her eyebrows raised. "Marilla and Mathew have a horse but they won't let me ride him quite yet" Anne told me as I looked over at Diana who shook her head, her hair shifting with her movements. "My mother will never let me ride a horse, she said it was too dangerous" Diana said as I away from the pair, looking over the water once again.

"Well, when we are all allowed to ride we must go on an adventure one day" I said to them as they both nodded with small sighs, all of us sitting in silence as we took in the beauty that was the lake of Avonlea. "We must" Anne said to me as she nodded her head eagerly which caused me to smile at her, looking up at the sky to see some birds flying over us. "Do you like it in Avonlea?" Diana asked me as she pulled out a blade of grass, ripping it apart in her hands as she looked down at it. "I love the people" I said with a smile as I turned back to the girls who were both looking at me.

"I didn't have many friends back home, so I like having people to talk to" I told them as Anne nodded her head, moving onto her knees as she sat facing me. "I didn't have any friends before I came here" Anne told me as I looked over at her with sadness. She had told my about her times in Nova Scotia, and  in all the orphanages and homes she stayed in before she came to live with the Cuthburts, and it really did make me feel sorry for the red haired girl, her childhood ruined due to her absent parents and cruel matrons.

"Well I'm glad fate both led us here to meet each other" I told her as I opened my arms up, Anne falling into me as we both landed on the grass, both of us almost rolling around on the grass as we laughed at each other. The last summer month of my first year in Avonlea pulling to a nice close.

——

A/N: this is a chapter which I hadn't prewritten so it's brand new!
I think once I reach December i'll start writing Kate into season 3, because hopefully i'll be able to watch it in the next week! who knows maybe I won't be able to so let's just wait and see!
please vote and comment and i will see you soon

A/N: this is a chapter which I hadn't prewritten so it's brand new! I think once I reach December i'll start writing Kate into season 3, because hopefully i'll be able to watch it in the next week! who knows maybe I won't be able to so let's just ...