sixty.

+ honey +

I looked down at Moody's cut as I bit on my lip for a moment, thinking about what to do as soon took my hat off of my head, reaching over to Charlie who took it from me, my knees in the dirt as I looked over at Gilbert, who was clearly in deep thought about what we were going to to do until we got some help. "We need to stop the bleeding" Gilbert said to me as I nodded my head at him, pushing my hair over my shoulder as I looked down at my dress before letting out a breath.

"Sorry, mum" I said under my breath as I grabbed under my skirt, pulling the top layer up as I put my hands on my petticoat, ripping it apart as the fabric tore, my other hand immediately covering my leg back up as I saw Gilbert's eyes on me. "Here" I said to him as I held out the white strip of fabric to him, causing him to take it from me as he moved over to Moody's leg who had propped himself up on his elbows.

"Okay, this is going to sting a little bit" Gilbert said to Moody who nodded his head, Gilbert putting the piece of fabric on his cut lightly, putting his hands on the other side as he pulled tightly, moody screaming as Gilbert tied it as quickly as he could, the blood just leaking straight through the thin fabric. "It's alright if it keeps bleeding for the moment, we just need to keep the cut closed" I said to Moody who nodded his head, gritting his teeth as tight as he could as Miss Stacy came to kneel down next to us all.

"We will get you to a doctor as quickly as possible" Miss Stacy said to him as she put his hand on his shoulder, Moody almost in tears from the amount of pain he was in. "My father will be able to come to your house" I said to Moody as Gilbert stood up, looking over at Ruby, who all the girls were crowding around, Diana wiping her face with a handkerchief as Josie was shaking her by the shoulder. "Is she going to be alright?" Jane asked as she looked up at Gilbert who nodded his head, reaching down to grab his bag and pulling out a small jar of honey, holding it out to Diana.

"Give her some honey, it will bring her energy up" he said to her as Miss Stacy and I both helped Moody sit up, holding his arms as he sighed, straightening his injured leg on the ground as Ruby sat up slowly, her eyes still closed as Diana put the spoon into the honey, holding it in front of Ruby. "Have some of this, it will help" she told her as Ruby opened her eyes, slowly putting the spoon in her mouth as I looked over to Anne, who was leading a man and an old women towards us, my intrigue growing.

Ruby looked over as the three of them stopped, her eye widening as she let out another breath, fainting once again as Jane caught her before she hit the floor. Everyone looked up slowly, the man and women walking towards Miss Stacy as Moody tried to scoot away, scared of their presence as I stared as well, as much as I told myself not to. "One of our girls has fainted and a boy is hurt" Miss Stacy told them as the man nodded, translating it to the old women who came over to Moody, looking down at his leg as she took the piece of my dress off, Moody warily watching her as the man kneeled down next to the lady.

"Alright everyone, let's move out of the way now" Miss Stacy said to everyone as they all backed up slowly, my eyes drifting over to the lady as I grabbed Moody's hand in mines, knowing he was in great pain. "This" the lady said quietly as she held out a leaf to Moody, who shook his head quickly, still rather scared of the two new presences in front of him. "It's from the weeping tree by the water" the man said deeply, his broken english managing to portray to Gilbert who scrunched his eyebrows. "It's for pain?" he asked as the man nodded his head at him, Moody taking it from her as he stared down at it before pushing it into his mouth.

The old lady pointed at Gilbert's hand, the jar of honey sitting in it as she turned to the man, talking quietly as he nodded his head at her. "She needs that, so no sickness can enter" he told Gilbert who nodded his head, handing her the honey as she opened up the jar, the brown haired boy looking over at me quickly. "Honey cleans their wound" I said brightly, my brain taking in this new information as I watched the lady take a stick, the man using a small blade he had to take the bark off of it before she dipped it into the honey, spreading it onto Moody's wound as he squeezed my hand.

He started panting as he groaned with the pain, my ha d starting to hurt as I wrapped my other hand around his too, rubbing the back of his hand with my thumb. "It's alright, just breathe" I said to Moody as the lady continued to spread the honey onto his leg, the man next to her opening the small bag he had as he pulled out some thread and a needle, clearly wanting to sew up Moody's cut, which was undoubtedly going to hurt without any medicine.

I let out a sigh, no one else noticing as he held the needle in his hand, Moody tipping his head back as he closed his eyes, the honey stinging his gash as he squeezed my hand even more, which was very painful for me, but I knew that the pain wouldn't be going away if he was to get stitches in the next few minutes.

——

A/N: here's another chapter for you tonight to say sorry for not updating lately, I didn't feel like writing the part where he got stitches as I wasn't too sure if any of you were squeamish lmao
please vote and comment and I mean i'm not sure when i'll next see you but hopefully very soon

A/N: here's another chapter for you tonight to say sorry for not updating lately, I didn't feel like writing the part where he got stitches as I wasn't too sure if any of you were squeamish lmao please vote and comment and I mean i'm not sure when...