sixty-four.

+ laughter +

We all crowded around Ruby as she put her head in my hands, shaking her head as I scrunched my eyebrows, unsure on why she was so upset. "What's the matter, Ruby?" I asked her as Diana took a small step forward hastily to see if she was alright, not wanting to sit down next to her incase she was going to throw up. I tried to reach my hand out to her, my hand getting near her as she sat up as quickly as possible, making me pull my hand away.

"Are you feeling faint again?" Anne asked her as no word came from the blonde who just sat there with her head in her hands, all of us worrying as we exchanged glances of confusion, Ruby seeming fine less than 5 minutes ago before we started dancing.

"What if I'm pregnant?" Ruby said as I let out a loud laugh before anyone could react, making me through my hands over my mouth as they all looked at me. "My mother said if I do much go near a boy, I might get pregnant, and if a boy touched me then I will certainly get pregnant" Ruby said as I turned around, seeing Miss Stacy standing there listening as all the other girls started freaking out. "Girls, please calm yourself" Miss Stacy said as they all turned around, dropping my hand back down by my side as I still had a smile on my face, finding this hilarious.

"How could you let this happen?" They all screeched, freaking out as Jane put her hand down on her stomach, tears almost on her eyes. "I can assure you no one will become pregnant from dancing" Miss Stacy said as she held her hands out in front of her, Josie holding her hands out as well as she rubbed them against each other. "But there was so much touching" she shouted, almost feeling dirty as Miss Stacy shook her head, my assessment growing at this conversation.

"That's not how it works, there is many steps to conceiving" Miss Stacy said as I raised my eyebrows at her, laughing as she looked over at me with a regretful face. "Good luck with this" I said to her as an left the cloakroom, not needing to hear how she's be explaining this as the boys turned around, shocked looks on their faces from the loud hysteria coming from the girls. "What's happening?" Charlie asked me as they all turned to look at me, a wide smile on my face as I laughed at them, finding it all a little bit too funny.

"Ruby thinks she's pregnant" I said as they all looked at me in shock, Gilbert looking over at me with wide eyes. "What?" he asked me as I shook my head, almost falling over in laughter as I held my hand out to them all, Gilbert clearly the only one knowing why that seemed to be such a scandalous topic. "Her mother told her i'd she touched a boy she's become pregnant" I told them as they all looked at each other, Moody shaking his head quickly.

"But we all just held hands, i'm not ready to be a father" Moody said as they all started freaking out, my laughter growing as Gilbert looked at them all. "That's not true, it doesn't work like that" Gilbert told them as Charlie pointed at me, his face in shock as I looked at him with my eyebrows raised. "I held your hand, but so did Gilbert, who's the father?" he asked me in shock as I laughed at him, my laughter piercing through the room as I shook my head.

"My fathers a doctor, and I can assure you that no girl will get pregnant from you holding their hand" I said to all the boys as they turned towards Gilbert, almost asking for his opinion as he nodded his head, a smile of amusement on his face as he enjoyed this situation just as much as I did. "It's a bit more intricate than holding hands" he said, nodding his head as he looked over at me, my laughter not being concealed as I let out a loud cackle, buckling over as I clutched my stomach, Gilbert laughing along with me.

——

A/N: helllo, sorry this is so short but I just knew that obviously Kate knew how babies were made so I wanted a quick wee moment of her and gilbert having some shared laughter for the first time in a while
so please vote and comments and I hope to see you again soon

A/N: helllo, sorry this is so short but I just knew that obviously Kate knew how babies were made so I wanted a quick wee moment of her and gilbert having some shared laughter for the first time in a while so please vote and comments and I hope to...