Ch. 30 - Eight Goodbyes

"What's the matter? Weren't you eager to wipe the floor with me a moment ago? Why are you sleeping on the ground? Get up! You have three seconds..." Gouketsu was mocking his opponent. Suiryu got up despite the heavy blow, still able to fight.

"I'll show you my true strength!" The human charged again, striking the monster with heavy rage-filled punches.

Although using his full power he wasn't able to harm Gouketsu, the creature on the receiving end was laughing despite Suiryu was giving all out against him.

"Great... he lost his control. Damn spoiled superstar!" Y/N was looking the match, pondering to interfere after solving another problem.

"Alright my friends... Guess this is a good chance for all of you to leave. I'll cover your back so get out of here!" He spoke towards the remaining humans, they were scared at the sight of the champion being toyed so easily by the monster.

"W-What?! You are planning to stay here? What could you do against Gouketsu?" The speaker asked, terrified.

"I've a plan to take care of him... and plus situations like these are my daily routine. Now go!" Y/N enforced his order, ensuring the safety of the group.

"I-I can't leave you here... Please come away with me!" Ichika firmly refused, she knew his friend was about to join a mortal combat.

"I can't do it... for a lot of reasons..." Y/N replied while taking her hands, avoiding to use his stress-relieving technique. He had to spare every bit of energy for the upcoming battle.

"I'll catch up with you after solving this crisis. Trust me, it's a promise!" He added, unable to change her mind.

"You always suck at keeping promises!" She stated, hugging the boy in an attempt to convince him.

"Y-You have a point but... Let's see... Yes! You must go... because I need your help!" The hero came out with a plan to make her leave the dangerous area.

"The man from before, the one that fought in the final and fled away, is a hero too... and a strong one! He must be able to defeat Gouketsu." He recalled that Saitama was nearby.

"Please go find him, he might be still inside the stadium. I'm counting on you to save all of us!" Y/N asked while looking the girl in her blue eyes.

"But your life too is at stake here... I can't..." Ichika protested, not willing to leave.

"Don't worry... I'll survive even this battle. Plus, we have a "date" to continue, right?" The boy joked while pointing at the exit with his index.

"Please... Go." He asked again, close to beg her.

"I'll be back as soon as possible. Be careful!" The girl left full of regrets and worries, preceded by the other scared humans.

"Phew... Now we can play seriously!" Y/N sighed in relief, he could completely focus on the battle without hindrances.

"Here comes the support! Hold on, Mr. Champion!" Y/N charged Gouketsu, striking his former Master with a barrage of fists.

The monster repelled all the attacks one-handed while crushing Suiryu under his huge foot.

"Not bad, Y/N. The same level of this cocky brat... But I hope you could show me more than this. Otherwise..." Gouketsu slapped the hero with a swift move, almost wiping him out.

"Arghh!!! But my real goal was to distract you! Now is the right time, Suiryu! A combo together!" Y/N yelled while his ally got free of the enemy grip, charging the monster one more time.