Ch. 4 - Five Minutes to Midnight

"You look awful, worse than usual. Wasn't yesterday supposed to be your long awaited day off?" Fuutarou joked with Y/N, lesson was just finished and students started their lunch break.

"Grawlll!" He tried to replied, lying on his desk.

"However, I need your help for my tutoring job. Today I'm supposed to meet Itsuki after school. She seems to have a grudge for what happened last time. I think I should've kept my mouth shut..." Fuutarou said.

"Do you think she has a grudge? After your "friendly meeting"? Truly you are a genius for figuring that out..." Y/N teased his friend.

"Maybe I've made some mistakes, I admit that! I need to do something to smooth things over. And with your help I think I can do it. You are good at talks, I bet she would forgive me after one speech of yours." He was more serious than usual.

After hearing his friend Y/N got up, full of energy.

"You convinced me! I'll fix your mess with Itsuki. It's my job to help who's in needed!" Y/N acted cool.

The two began to go to the canteen.

"You really saved me! Thank you! I'll never forget what you..." Fuutarou said, finding again hope, but he was interrupted by Y/N's phone.

The hero looked at it, surprised. It wasn't a Monster Alarm nor a message from the Association, only a memorandum...

"Crap! I completely forgot! Today I'm busy, I cannot help you..." Y/N said.

"WHAT! You dump me after all your talk? I hope it's something more important than your best friend! Today... No.. Don't tell me!" Fuutarou gasped worried.

"It's something really important Fuutarou, maybe later in the evening I'll come to your aid and..." He was trying to justify.

"Today came out the new JoJo's Bizarre Adventure volume, isn't it? And YOU would leave me in trouble for it?!" He yelled at Y/N.

"You can't understand, because you are not European. We appraise Japanese art more than others! Plus I'm stuck in an important point of the story!" Y/N defended his ideals... while running away.

"Come here, traitor!" Fuutarou shouted at him.

"WRYYYYYYYYYY!" Y/N screamed while disappearing into the crowd.

The face of treason

"Damn you! I have to get by myself." Fuutarou said, alone with his tray, trying to approach Itsuki.

"She's eating with friends?!" He exclaimed, surprised to see her at a table with other four girls.

"I'm sorry. These seats are all taken." Itsuki said with a smile, noticing his stare.

"You are leaving?" A girl near Itsuki asked Fuutarou, about to return to his usual seat.