Ch. 46 - Sweets and Commitments

"The third and last year has officially begun, so that means we're senior now. Today we'll discuss the main event of the semester." Fuutarou, as class representative, was giving a speech to the class.

"Yep, about the School Trip! We are going to visit Kyoto so..." Yotsuba interrupted him.

"I-I was talking about the National Mock Exam. It's our top priority!" He urged to correct.

"Booo! Let her talk, it's way more interesting!" Y/N yelled from his desk.

"It goes without saying the exam is our top priority. We have three weeks from now but I suggest beginning to study hard already, in order to achieve a good score. It might help with college selection." Fuutarou was boring the entire class, ignoring any complains.

"Sigh... choosing him as rep might not have been a wise choice." Y/N was pondering while feeling a tap on his shoulder, a girl behind him was seeking his attention.

"Are you free after school? There is a place I want to visit and being together might be funnier." Itsuki asked him.

"That's unexpected coming from you... Wouldn't you rather review homework as our dear representative is suggesting?" Y/N was surprised by her request.

"I was planning on studying of course! Maybe in the evening or after dinner. I really was!" Itsuki was making excuses.

"Oi! Could you please be quite you two? I'm doing my best on enlighten the class for the upcoming exam." Fuutarou scolded the two.

"Eeep! We're sorry Sensei!" Y/N apologized.

"Now then, what should I wear? Itsuki hasn't told me details yet. Guess a not too flashy shirt and a jacket is enough." Y/N was deciding his outfit for the upcoming date.

"Unless she's planning for a fancy restaurant with strict dressing code. This would be a problem... Better be at my best just in case." He realized while wearing a pair of fresh and clean underwear.

His phone rang while busy choosing another decent piece of cloth, an incoming call from Nino.

"Hey, let's meet at the shopping district after dinner. I need your help cos Fuu-kun's birthday is near." She quickly stated her needs, busy due the new part-time job about to start.

"Sorry dear. I've already arranged to hang out with Itsuki. Maybe you'll be luckier next time." The boy quickly explained.

"What?! Listen, I'm not in the mood for your jokes so be sure to get free and..." He cut off the call while she was talking.

"Jeez, at least I won't have to deal with her for today. Majestic!" Y/N sighed in relief.

"Alright, I'm ready! Let's depart swift and safe." He was smiling proudly while leaving his place.

"Huff... Don't tell me he's late." Itsuki was waiting in the main square, a renowned dating spot as the place was crowded by lots of couples all around.

"Guess who's?" Her eyesight got dark as a pair of hands covered her eyes.

"Y/N! I was worried you got lost or forgot our meeting!" She replied in joy.

"Have you so little faith in me? But sorry... I tried this joke with an unknown girl I mistook for you and things ended up badly." The boy revealed his troubles.

"Well, accidents like that happen sometimes." Itsuki justified him.

"Actually... I got it wrong five times in a row. Seems ahoge is in fashion this year." Y/N confessed in shame.