Ch. 38 - The Last Exam, Y/N's side (Act 1)

"Be ready, Saitama. This is my special technique!" Y/N boasted, confident on his honed skills.

"Seems we're on the same level now... Gotta use my best attack too." The man replied as he was enjoying the match.

"Take this! 'Consecutive Low Weak Kicks'!" Saitama was spamming basic attacks on the controller.

"That's your best trick? I'll show you... '4 Buttons Combo'!" Y/N was using the move-set he learned from the game guide.

"Player 2 WIN!" The battle was quickly over.

"Sigh... It isn't fast enough? If I'm not able to defeat you I can't even think about challenging King." Saitama huffed, not really bothered by the loss.

"Well, learning other combos would help. You can't expect to use only the base move..." Y/N was explaining.

"I know, but those attacks are tricky as hell. I could win if I press the button even faster." The man was still following his strategy.

"If you think so... Guess for today is enough. I still have lots to study and the clock is ticking." Y/N thanked his friend for the hospitality, ready to head his own home.

"Alright, see you next time." Saitama was tiding up all the games the two played together.

"Before leaving... May I ask you something? Do you have any news about the infamous Hero Hunter? I'm searching for him in my free time but it's no use." Red Eagle asked.

"Sadly not. He piqued my interest too, no other human claimed himself as a monster after all. He might be like me when I proclaimed myself as a hero." Saitama was pondering.

"Maybe he could be stronger than me." He blurt out, ignoring the fact that he bumped into him a couple times.

"Ha ha ha, in that case we wouldn't have any hopes." Y/N prevented himself of shivering due the assumption.

"Terror, unending fall into the black pitch... A hero must face this and more!" Y/N was swearing to himself while facing the kitchen, bothered by a boiling pot.

"Were you saying something?" Miku reached him, the two were cooking together.

"N-Nothing important... Let's see if noodles are ready!" He drained the container as a yarn of pasta was left behind.

"Guess the cooking isn't the best..." The hero was checking the sticky mass.

"Sigh, And I've totally followed the recipe." The girl was all depressed.

"Don't give up already! It might still be edible. I'll work on its flavour, you better look after the dessert instead." Y/N was cheering her up, taking out several spices in the meantime.

"I don't think it's of any use. Better throw all away." Miku was mumbling.

"Have faith on me, I'm gonna fix that spaghetti!" Y/N was challenging the dish with a menacing pose.

"The cake is ready, at least it looks good." Miku took out the dessert, a huge sponge cake modelled after an historical palace.

"Nice work. This is a masterpiece!" Y/N gave her thump up.

As to deny the girl's effort the cake quickly collapsed, leaving only a twisted mass of cream and chocolate.

"No way, it was alright a moment ago!" Miku was unbelieving.

"I-Impossible, I'm sure you've properly followed my instructions!" Y/N was dumbfounded.

"Oh, Y/N... How can I be able to make a Valentine's present if, after all my hard-work, this is still my best?" Miku was on the verge of tears.