Ch. 11 - Late Summer Blizzard

Ten minutes left until the end of the fireworks festival.

"What do you want, Miss Fubuki?" Y/N asked, he was dragged by the woman in an alley.

While leaving the crowd, still mesmerized by the show, he thought he had seen Fuutarou and Ichika with an unknown man, maybe the one Miku had mentioned.

"I'll leave the rest to you!" He thought before focusing on the woman in front of him.

"You know well what I want. You took my rank on top of B-Class... and you went straight in A-Class! It really pissed me off. Who do you think you are?" She stated, her cold tone was broken by a glimpse of anger.

"But I could forgive you... If you join the Blizzard Group as one of the main members. This time I won't take no as an answer!" She claimed, sure to have got him.

"As I've always said, I'm not interested in your scheming. Working with internal groups and competing each others is detrimental for the Hero Association. Where do you think you are? In Game of Thrones?" He confirmed his line of thought.

"This time I cannot let you leave... unharmed..." A strange aura surrounded her but after pondering the situation she chose a different strategy.

"If you refuse my invitation... I could badmouth you with HER!" She giggled, her threat more dangerous than necessary.

"You wouldn't dare to resort a cheap trick like that..." He controlled himself from trembling.

"Who knows?" She replied with a cold smile.

Thinking of the consequences Y/N sighted in sign of defeat, he was about to reply to Fubuki when the sky was lit by a series of shiny and colourful fireworks. It was the ending of the festival.

"I have a feeling that the girls couldn't meet in time..." He thought looking at the lights.

"Deal! I'll join your group as one of your subordinates. But I want something in exchange..." He stated with a serious tone.

"What's your request?" She asked, hiding her surprise for his rapid change.

"Call your underlings and arrange another fireworks' show... You made me miss most of them!" He said with a smile.

"And for your information, I'm disappointed. I was really eager to see you in Yukata!" He added while leaving the alley.

"Ah, Ichika and Uesugi-san are here." Yotsuba greeted the two, they all met in a nearby park after the end of the festival.

They were playing with the fireworks kit she had bought for Raiha, the little girl was sleeping on a bench.

Y/N and Fubuki reached the group, the girls were curious about their relationship.

"You two! What kind of men are you? You have left my sisters alone! Especially you, Y/N! Disappearing along with an unknown woman!" Nino was upset for their behaviour.

The two asked forgiveness, not being able to calm her.

"I'll give you what you deserve! Thanks... for... the... help!" She stated in a mixed tone of anger and gratitude.

The boys were confused by her change.

"Oh my... Y/N! I never thought you'd like adult women! Aren't you too young to be her boyfriend?" Ichika teased him.

"W-We are only co-workers, nothing more! We were talking about business!" The two heroes yelled in unison.