Ch. 73 - The Fellowship of the Hero

"There was no heartbeat, plus I didn't sense his aura at all! He was dead by any standards!" Kei was yelling, dragged into Sitch's office in chains.

"Of course, we're not blaming you for not having noticed." Silver Fang explained.

"So, can I be freed and return home?" The Thunder Pillar asked.

"You have a long list of offences to pay for..." Sitch took out a police record.

"And he will. Congratulation, my friend! You've been drafted for our mission." Jiryu took Kei under his wing.

"What mission are you talking about? I don't get anything of what you're saying!" The man was confused.

"Before explaining further details, Mr Sitch, could you enlighten us on SOMETHING?" Sekingar, the officer responsible for the Monster Association invasion questioned his superior.

"Who, or what is GOD? Seems like being Blast's first and foremost target." He asked.

"To tell the truth... GOD is an unknown and mysterious threat beyond our comprehension." Sitch informed.

"Blast himself is fighting against its spreading influence, for twenty years no less." The man revealed.

"Welp! Is the same thing that turned Y/N into that Avatar of sort?" Yotsuba got scared by simple naming the mastermind.

"Not once, but twice..." Child Emperor had finished analysing records of the battle between Y/N and Griff.

"W-What this has to do with Y/N?! What's the point of this meeting?" Ichika was trying to not get emotional.

"When the stone fell his heart didn't stop immediately... but the damage Y/N suffered was too much." Child Emperor was narrating.

"Cause God's influx his own entity was shattered, soul split from the mortal shell." He showed diagrams and x-rays tapes of the battlefield.

"At first look his lifeless body was just like a corpse. But there were vitals, of undetectable rhythm." Child Emperor confirmed.

"Y/N isn't dead already... but as we speak he's getting weaker and weaker. It's only a matter of time until he's gone for real." Sitch confessed.

"Are you serious?! So, why announcing his death? You damn bastards!" Fuutarou yelled at him.

"We confirmed this just a couple hours ago. You're the very first outside the Association hearing such news." Sekingar apologized.

"H-He is alive! Y/N is alive!" Yotsuba burs out in joyful tears.

"He's still in danger! No time to celebrate already!" Miku was realistic.

"Wait! If his body was showing vitals... what have you buried at the graveyard?" Nino asked.

"An empty casket and nothing more." Zombieman coldly replied.

"Bullshit! A total load of bullshit! Why shouldn't reveal this asap?" Fuutarou had never been so mad.

"Cause the body is not in our possession..." Sitch revealed.

"So, where is it? Where is Y/N?!" Itsuki yelled in anger.

Underground Secret Facility, Unknown Location.

"Scalpel, check. O2 canister, check... drilling machine, operative. All tested and working." An assistant completed his task.

"Marvellous! We're so close... can't wait the scheduled date." A doctor was scribbling notes.

"Within two days we'll begin. There is nothing left but simple routine medical checks." The assistant was looking at a tank in the middle of the surgery room.