Ch. 7 - Sea of Red

Fuutarou and Y/N helped the girls to study for a while before taking a break, their attention was caught by some people panicking in front of a television.

News reported Seafolk attack in J-City and the defeat of the heroes trying to stop their boss, The Deep Sea King.

"They are having a hard time there..." Y/N pointed out, looking at the screen.

"Are you thinking of joining them?" Fuutarou asked with a serious tone.

"Impossible, they are too far... I cannot made it in time." The hero was looking at the ongoing storm, worried for the situation.

Suddenly his phone rang, called by an operator of the association. At the same time came reports of the appearance of a Seafolk Army in T-City, on a nearby beach.

Alarms sounded and the crowd started to make their way to the closest shelter, Y/N ended his conversation with the Hero Association.

"Enemies are taking sides near your position. Navy has documented at least sixty Seafolk but they continue to increase. We are forming a task force against this threat but we haven't other heroes in the area, it'll take time to assemble a suitable team."

"We need you to do reconnaissance work and keep an eye on those monsters... They aren't strong as their King in J-City but their number is overwhelming. I forbid you to engage them in combat, until you'll join forces with the others." That's what the staff member said to him.

"You all go to the shelter, we'll meet later. When everything settles down we'll continue our English revision." He said to his friends, talking over the noise of thunders and lightning.

"A-Are you going to face them?" Miku said worried, pointing at the images on the telly.

"You can't do that! That's a lot even for you! Come with us at the shelter." Yotsuba grabbed his arm in an effort to change his mind.

"Don't worry girls. I've been tasked with an easy and safe scouting work. I'll be fine..." He replied, kindly getting rid of her grip.

"Are you sure you won't get in trouble?" Fuutarou knew too well his friend's attitude.

"Of course... For now I entrust the girls' safety to you... partner." Y/N joked while approaching the exit.

"Don't act in haste, stay focused and don't lose your cool... Remember, I need your help for this study session." Fuutarou claimed, looking his friend getting away. He was sure about Y/N's intentions.

"These are my teachings... I'm glad you have learned them." He smiled to him before leaving the building under a heavy storm.

"Those fish will pay for what they did to my friends!" He thought, the news about Puri-Puri Prisoner's defeat made him worried.

"All the warriors are in position, General. What now? May I order to attack the city?" A Seafolk asked to his superior while checking his comrades in line on the beach.

They were enjoying the heavy rain, soothing their stressful emersion from the ocean deeps.

"Not yet. The King want to lead us while destroying the city. We need to await His Highness." The chief ordered, looking at the desolate area. None of their enemies were around, probably fleeing scared.

"Someone is coming... a human!" A sentry yelled while looking at a lone figure approaching them in the middle of a downpour.

"It's a hero... alone. Maybe he'll beg us for mercy!" The General laughed with the other warriors.