Ch. 1 - Eagle Strike

Epilogue

Bells began to ring as the function was about to start. Two men waited in a room, one lying asleep on a desk and the other sit down in a corner reading a book.

A woman entered to call them but stopped seeing the groom in a deep sleep.

"Don't worry, I'll wake him up." The other man said looking up from his book and smiling at her.

"It's time Fuutarou, arise... arise for ruin and the world's ending!" Y/N whispered, giggling and patting his friend's head.

"You are the worst about wedding speeches!" He replied getting up, a smile lit up his face.

"The bride is ready." The woman said and left the room followed by the other two.

In front of the church entrance they met a beautiful woman in a wedding dress.

"From now on I'll entrust Fuutarou to your care. Please remember to feed him and take out for a stroll sometimes."

Y/N smiled at the couple as they started to laugh. After some ritual wishes he took his leave from them, reaching a seat inside the church next to a woman. She had the same blue eyes of the bride and their appearance was similar too, except for their hairstyle and accessories.

"You two took your time!" She teased him.

"I had to ensure he didn't try to escape..." Y/N replied while taking her hand.

"Of course... This wedding is really beautiful!" She said, on the verge of joyful tears.

"Meh, it's not that special." He pointed out, gloomy.

"You are so mean, only because they didn't entrust you with the music selection. And I'm with them!" She said hugging Y/N.

"It would have been a whole other story!" He complained, whistling some rock songs and patting her head.

"I was dreaming. About that day in the second year of high-school, when I met you. It felt like a dream..." Fuutarou whispered at his wife-to-be.

"That day felt like a dream? Heh heh! You're talking about the day you met us, right?" The bride asked with a smile.

"It didn't feel like a dream for me. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't be here." She said while looking at their friend sitting among the wedding guests, beside her sister.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." Fuutarou replied.

"Even now as an adult... I see that moment in my dreams. It was a friggin'nightmare." Pointing out in his thoughts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miku was walking around the city, listening music from her headphones. She had just moved up to T-City with her sisters and they would visit the new school the next day.

"I hope we will do better here than in our old place." She thought, "It seems safer than the other cities and...".

With no time to finish the sentence a blast caught the focus of her and the other people on the street.

From the debris of a building a mysterious figure appeared while speakers all around sent Monster Alarm Signals, inviting civilians to gather in the nearest shelter.

Everyone ran away from the creature who was moving on the main road with a vicious smile on his face.

Miku had never seen a real monster first-hand, only in the news and internet videos.