Ch. 20 - Y/N's Amazing Fishing Contest

"Uesugi-san, for once I'll be the teacher and you the student!" Yotsuba smiled, she was teaching Fuutarou and Miku how to ski, helping the boy to move on his own.

"I get it... I get it... Don't push! I can barely stand up without falling!" He protested, despite doing his best he felt weird, weaker than usual.

"Yotsuba! You'll make him fall at this rate." Miku giggled, looking at the funny scene.

"Whatever... Where is Nino? I don't see her since we came here." Fuutarou asked, he still needed to talk with her about the bonfire.

"She is the best at skiing, maybe she is on the pro ski slope." Yotsuba replied, pondering about a nice game to do together.

"Are you all here?" A girl approached the group, the face covered by a mask and her hair enveloped in a hood.

"Who are you?" Fuutarou still cannot tell them apart.

"I'm Ichika... I feel better, so I decided to go out for a while." She stated, slightly coughing.

"Ichika! I already told you to stay in your bed! You'll get worse if you get cold!" Miku scolded her older sister, surprised to see her outside after her recommendations.

"Ichika! Those two didn't hear anything I teach them!" Yotsuba complained, pouting.

"Now you get how I feel when I taught you!" Fuutarou replied back.

"Ha ha ha... Sorry but I won't spend our last day in bed. And where is Y/N? I haven't seen him around." Ichika asked, looking her surroundings.

"He went fishing on his own. He dislikes snow and skiing..." Miku stated in a low tone.

"Ah... Is it right to leave him alone? What do you think Uesugi-kun?" She sought the boy's opinion.

"I bet he's fine. He preferred this way rather doing odd hobbies. Maybe he's enjoying the fishing contest." Fuutarou replied, catching a strange tone in Ichika's voice... but he quickly dispose his thoughts.

"Sigh..." Y/N sat depressed on the shore of the lake, sometimes catching talks of the other fishermen.

"I caught a prey of at least 15kg!" Someone boasted about.

"Really? I bet you'll be in top five."

"I caught eight fish, but they are all small fries."

"Ah. I got at least twenty of them. I'll win the challenge for sure!"

Y/N then looked over his bucket, empty.

"Argh... Why? Why it's always the same? I even bought a professional rod!" He yelled, pissed off.

"I can't accept another defeat. Not this time!" He grab his rod tighter, looking at the calm water.

Then, without a hint, his fishing line strove, stronger and stronger.

"I got something! It's pretty big... This will be first prize for sure!" Y/N stated enthusiastic, right before being pulled in the lake with rod and all.

He then disappeared into the water, making the presents at unease.

"Let's do a game of tag! I'll be the first... Ooone, twooo.." Yotsuba started the countdown, eager to play with the group.

All the others ran away in different directions, trying to cover the furthest distance from her.