Ch. 18 - Spell & Fate

"We couldn't believe what was happened! I'm glad you are fine." Ichika greeted Y/N after returning from work.

"Indeed, this time I was really in a tight spot..." He replied, thinking about his adventure into the alien spaceship.

"But you don't seem very well... What's going on?" She asked, Y/N was lying on the sofa in the living room, his face pale white.

"That's because..." He was speaking while interrupted.

"Another set is ready, Yotsuba helped me. Have a taste..." Miku came from the kitchen with a plate filled with croquette, almost all burnt.

"O-Of course... Those are really tasty! Good job..." He ate hiding his illness, Miku wasn't pleased.

She still thought the hero was lying about her cooking skill.

ITADAKIMASU!

"M-Miku! How much have you let him eat?" Ichika asked, worried.

"With those... Seventy croquettes. I still can't make it as I want. What nerve!" She admitted while cleaning the kitchen.

"It's all right... I was really hungry! What a shame, you ran out of ingredients..." Y/N repelled his body's complains.

"I don't feel so good..." Fuutarou added, he had stomachache too.

"Miku and Ichika went out to buy some medicine, hang in there you two." Yotsuba took care of the boys suffering from indigestion.

"Damn... we are wasting time instead of studying together, today's scheduled lesson is really important." Fuutarou was worried, with no exams approaching the girls weren't enough motivated to study with him.

"Studying, studying, studying... Have you other thoughts on your mind not school-related? Urgh..." Y/N protested, talking while holding his stomach.

"Shut up you! They need to change their attitude, otherwise I won't be able to help them reaching decent scores. And our illness is your fault! Why did you let Miku keep going?! Couldn't you tell her to stop serving us croquettes?" The tutor replied, fighting the pain of his guts.

"S-She was so focused and happy while cooking, I didn't want to make her sad..." He revealed, blushing.

"And do you think is a good reason to act this way?" Fuutarou sighed, problems were popping around at a fast pace.

"You two kept eating with no problems but these croquettes weren't almost edible... Miku isn't good at cooking." Yotsuba admitted, her sister was able to ruin any dish prepared, easy or difficult meals always ended in a mess.

"You too, Yotsuba! Couldn't you flatter Miku's skills? Maybe she would spare us this ending if you pretended to like her cook!" Fuutarou stated, the girl's honesty was often troublesome.