Ch. 52 - Lighting Feelings

"Are we in Kyoto yet?" Y/N asked while stretching, he woke up that the train was still running at full speed.

"Almost... we are about to cross Shiga prefecture and enter Kyoto's. The arrival is scheduled in ten minutes." Takeda filled him about the travel status.

"Or at least we hope... The lights sometimes buzz and I've heard strange noises over the train's ceiling. Are we going to be left stranded?" Maeda was worried.

"Do you mean... there are erratic and unexpected brownouts, somewhat related to electricity?" Y/N asked, scratching his chin.

"So it seems, but Maeda is overreacting. Odds of an accident are extremely low." Fuutarou tried to reassure them.

"Still, better warn the train conductor. Just in case..." Y/N left his seat, moving to the next railcar.

"I guess it's pretty normal. Bulbs at my place often did the same." Fuutarou explained.

"That's not normal! You shouldn't cheap out on low quality equipments for your own home." Takeda warned him.

"Wait a minute... Judging by our seats we're in the last railcar. So, where Y/N went?" Maeda raised doubts as the three were looking at the pressure sealed door.

"You're late. I feared you'd make me wait till reaching downtown." A man cloaked in a dark cape greeted the hero just appeared before him, the two were standing on top of the running train like it was nothing.

"You chose quite the battlefield, Kei. And your timing is rude too." Y/N was ready to confront the Pillar of Thunder.

"Do you think you'd be safe after all you did? I hadn't much expectations for Yura since the begin, so learning about the defeat of that frosty jerk was no surprise indeed. But, to be able to send Ryu in the afterlife... I was speechless when I heard the news." The man took battle stance as the air around him began to crackle, being surrounded by sparks.

"This is gonna be interesting..." Y/N ignited the fight.

"Huff... That's the third loss in a row. Today Ichika is too lucky." Nino complained while playing cards.

"Ha ha ha... It must be a coincidence." The oldest sister scored highest again.

"I know, how about this? Whoever wins next game can order the others whatever she wants." Ichika proposed.

"Don't act cocky just because you can play poker. This is gonna be my win." Nino felt challenged.

"I accept the condition..." Itsuki joined the bout.

"I'll show you what I'm capable of!" Miku wanted to prove her abilities.

"They're all fired up for the card game, right?" Yotsuba was a bit worried.

"Whatever the result I can't wait for a quiet and calm trip. Without accident nor surprise of sort." Ichika smiled, unaware of two men engaged in a scuffle atop their railcar.

"Thunderdome Crash!" Kei hit Y/N with a lighting speed attack, conjuring a spiked club out of his own ki.

"Huff, huff... you're so annoying." Y/N was able to block most of the damage, getting wounded anyway.

"This can't be all you got, right?" Kei was acting smug, his weapon disappearing into thin air.

"Of course not! You are going to regret making me unleash my ultimate move." Y/N took a deep breath as he struck a pose.

"Red Eagle Transformation – Invincible Stance!" He yelled before throwing himself on the ground, back glued to the train's roof.