Ch. 42 - Disguised and Shuffled

"DEMIGLACE." Fuutarou stated after hearing the sound of a sliding door, he was soaking into the onsen of the mixed bath nearby the wall delimiting the women area.

"H-HAMBURG STEAK..." A female voice replied in an uncertain tone a code previously discussed.

"Seems she's the original Itsuki." Y/N claimed while washing his back some meters away.

"I don't know why we have to resort such thing. It's an exaggeration talking across the fence." The girl was doubting the plan schemed by the tutor.

"Well, being in the same bath is a little over the line... This is the only way to evade your father's surveillance." Fuutarou explained.

"Speak for yourself! If you want to join us you're welcome." Y/N shouted with high hopes.

"That's not what I meant!" Itsuki turned red, clenching on her towel.

"Cutting short, yesterday the two of us ran into you... albeit Y/N hadn't time for questions I was told to quit the tutoring." Fuutarou reported his talk.

"Is that a joke? I haven't..." The girl was genuinely surprised.

"As I thought, that wasn't you." Fuutarou let out his doubts, he truly met a fake Itsuki.

"Unbelievable! The only ones able to do this..." She turned gloomy.

"Yes, a mimic monster is roaming around the place! I have to catch the creature before it starts a killing streak." Y/N announced in high tone, clenching fist.

"You airhead... Nothing of that is gonna happen!" Fuutarou retorted.

"Who knows? It may be nearby." The hero mumbled, scanning his friend with a glare.

"I forgot to ask you our password... ACE OF SPADES?" He questioned while rubbing his chin.

"I don't know! You kept shouting dozen of songs and combinations while ignoring my words... I lost track of your delirium halfway." Fuutarou sighed, recalling the useless talk they had.

"Suspicious! You must be the mimic... Let's have a deeper check." Y/N jumped over him, blocking his friend in a grip.

"Get off me immediately!" The boy was protesting, caught off guard.

"Well, honestly it's very likely that one of my sisters dressed up like me. That's because..." Itsuki was trying to explain, hearing what was happening on the other side.

Suddenly the door swung open as someone entered the mixed bath.

"Fuu-kun, what a coincidence. We often meet in such places for sure! Since we are here, how about a body scrub? I might..." Nino came in, facing the sight of two half-naked men too friendly each other.

"You there, step back! I've just captured a dangerous monster." Y/N was inviting the girl on leaving before earning a bonk on the head in response.

"We need to talk the two of us! I'm sorry Fuu-kun, maybe another time." She was about to leave, dragging the knocked out hero with her.

"Oh, thanks a lot... but who're you? I'm pretty sure not Itsuki but still... Ouch!" Fuutarou gave his heroine's pride a fatal blow, earning a kick on the shin as reward.

"Just why? My head hurts!" The hero questioned the girl who dragged him into the locker room.

"Listen carefully... I don't know what you're up for but I won't let you get in my way!" Nino spoke clearly, confronting the man single-handedly.

"What're you talking about? Me getting in the way... Ha! You must be truly desperate. The one you're in love with is ignoring your feelings and now you blame me for. Too convenient!" Y/N retorted.