Ch. 59 - Turning the Tide

"Orochi! What happened?!" Psykos found the burned remaining of the late Monster King.

"Tsk, he's now useless..." She picked his core, fatally damaged.

"There must be something I can squeeze in order to get stronger. Whatever is fine." The woman was checking surroundings around the corpse.

"W-What is it?" She spotted an unknown object stuck into the floor, it caught her attention due the sudden glow it began to release.

"A cube? What's supposed to...!" Psykos got invested by a sudden burst of power as soon as she picked that unknown artefact.

"HQ, Sekingar here. We've rescued the hostage and we're leaving the danger zone, this means we can proceed with phase two. I'm about to warn the strike team." The executive informed base while embarking the group via APC.

"We got out, somewhat..." Sweet Mask was trembling, still shocked due the previous encounter with a cadre.

"Here, here. Now we're safe." Yotsuba was comforting him.

"Who saves who?" The heroes from the support team were questioning the conduct of the Idol Hero.

"Hey! I only got bad luck on my opponent. It was a creature I couldn't do much against due the worst possible battle compatibility." The man defended.

"Yep, luckily Y/N... Wait, where's he? Isn't he out already?" Yotsuba asked, getting worried.

"We've lost signal of Red Eagle since... well, since the begin cause he forgot his device here." Sekingar explained.

"How could he be so careless?" The girl gasped.

"But now it's all going to be fine. The hostage has been rescued and the match is a success!" Mizuki cheered the group.

"Wait, don't forget our enemies are still on the loose. We can't rest until the Monster Association is no more. Better warn everyone underground." Sekingar turned on his device.

"To the strike team, the hostage is safe and we've left the zone of interest. We can now begin phase two, locate and take down main targets known as cadres while pinpointing the Monster King. The latter is too dangerous to be faced single-handedly so you'll have to join force against him." The man ordered.

"Tornado here, guess we can skip straight to phase three instead." The woman replied.

"Ha ha ha! What do you think? With this power we're even!" Psykos revealed a new form

"So what? You're only a bigger target." Tatsumaki released her attack, trying to flatten the colossal enemy.

"Tsk... It's harder than I thought!" She wasn't able to pierce Psykos' defence, getting pushed back.

"How about this?" The monster drew near Tatsumaki, enclosing the hero in her hands.