Ch. 72 - Faded, But Not Forgotten

"I feel today's gonna be rough." A hotel concierge began his shift with a sigh.

To confirm his assumption the main door swung open as soon as he took position behind the desk.

"Welcome dear customer, how can I help y-..." The man froze in surprise at the appearance of a young man entering the establishment with a colossal luggage on his back.

But what scared him the most was a battle scythe in full display.

"Ah, this must be the place..." The boy let go of his bag, crashing on the floor in order to have a look on a fold-out map.

"Yes, you should have a booking for me." He confirmed.

"And who you may be, if I can ask?" The hotel's concierge questioned.

"Hibiki, the Grim Reaper from Underworld." The boy introduced himself with loud cheers, swinging his colossal pole-arm all around.

"Only Hibiki should suffice... Yes, there is indeed a room at your name." The host confirmed after a quick search on his pc, he truly had enough of weirdos hanging around his structure.

"What's the reason of your visit, tourism or business?" The concierge was filling the application module.

"Let's just say... both!" Hibiki smirked while caressing his bladed weapon.

"So... How are things going on, Uesugi?" Maeda asked his friend.

"How should he respond?! After all that happened..." Takeda scolded him.

"Hey, I was only trying to start some chatting! If you have a better idea then-" He retorted.

"Guys, please stop it. I'm not in the mood today." Fuutarou interrupted their bickering.

"I'm sorry, but if you want someone to talk with we're here." Takeda gave him a pat on the back.

"I'll keep it in mind. Now, if you excuse me I'm busy..." Fuutarou took his leave, heading towards the chairman's office.

"Man, he's so torn up... How can we work on the School Festival with such a mood?" Maeda sighed.

"Right now that is the least of our worries." Takeda was up on what was about to be announced.

"Every major establishment is closed today, for obvious reasons." Hibiki was struggling to find an open cafe.

"There is huge grieving all around town, mourning a certain hero killed in action. He he he... Guess for whom the bell tolls?" He laughed while hearing ringing bells from the nearby church.

"Hey, kid. Seems like you're thirsty. Wanna come to my club? Usually, entrance is forbidden to the unaffiliated ones but I can introduce you in." A dignified man in a suit approached the boy.

"How come? But more importantly, what does such polite elite want from an unknown tourist just arrived?" Hibiki questioned.

"Let's talk about this in front of a drink, shall we?" The man invited him into the structure.

.

.

.

"I wasn't expecting to find every last shop closed." Hibiki was drinking what was offered him.

"Well, haven't you heard? The entire city is respecting a week of grief after losing its brightest hero just the other day." The man informed.

"Oh, that'd explain a lot of things. I've read an article about his last battle during my trip. Poor guy, what was his name? Red something or whatever..." Hibiki shrugged.