(Chapter 87) Party

The gray sky around the town emerged as it was announcing the great sadness that world has towards many unjustice that occurs. 

Everything started with a plan towards a big party that your bosses had, one good celebration for return of their sibilings from China.

Looking at the glass and waiting on your friend Rukia you could've notice the smiles of your friends but also worried Kurosaki which was touching his phone ever so often.

You were supposed to wait on her or go with her together.... what is she doing?

Sitting on the floor with everyone, since the celebration was in the store you've worked at, you glanced at Ulquiorra then you returned the gaze that Annie was giving to you. You weren't sure why but you had feeling that this girl had something towards you, if not hate then ...

"Your name."

Your eyes found Renji's which was offering to sip you a glass of some juice.

"Oh! Sorry! Dozzed off!"

He was gripping his glass.

"It's your duty."

"You need to get over her."

"Rukia Kuchiki is..."

"Renji? You alright?"

Grimmjow's words echoed in his ears, wearing the black shirt with red symbols on it, with long black jeans.

"All good. Don't tell me you got all sensitive for me now!"

Renji laughed it out offering some juice to everyone.

"Annie you want some too?"

He offered her, recently she was actually good with Sae, having long conversations at work, seems that the new friendship emerged from the two of them and you didn't mind as much.

"Where are you..."

Seeing you upset about something the blue eyed man grabbed your hand trying to get your attention since that talk you two had about certain friend was still bothering you. Whispering softly to you, you just uttered short 'mm' making him worry even more.

"Worried about her?"

Playing with his hand on yours, trying to pick the right words to say to him you shifted, confused to why wasn't she coming yet, to why she was so silent recently and why all those words in the elevator. Not knowing what to tell him the first thing that came to mind was 'should i search for her' which you mumbled loud enough for him to hear.

Before he could give you answer the Kurosaki which was looking at the two of you noticed your worry as well, standing up and stretching a bit, trying hard to hide his worry and smile coming up with first smart comment he could think of.

"I ll be right back. I ll go get my waifu."

"Do you want us to come with--"

Before you could object he cut you off, for a split second he was cold, hands in his pockets not bothering to give you a smile nor even look at you, it was bothering him as well he knew that ever since that day  Rukia wasn't the same.

""Even if no one believes in you, stick out your best and scream your defiance!"

"You need to protect everyone the same way"

Some of the words she told him but little the others knew that the two of them shared the deeper connection of the unknown to the rest, but also little did they know that Abarai Renji resented himself for what... he decided to do.

"Renji? You going out too?"

Inoe said, gripping her glass of juice, the group of all of you was just getting smaller and smaller.

"Since we are waiting on them, why not buy some alcohol since why would we just drink juices? Doesn't make any sense."

Blue orbs piercing his, taking time to think if this is a good idea, but letting the thought go and standing up to stretch his legs.

"Not bad idea. Take the girls with you since they've had some plans for shopping too."

Grimmjow mumbled, Inoe told him that Sae and Annie wanted to get some drinks too for after party and this was a good opportunity to do so.

Renji raised his eyebrow, kinda disappointed, a slight stare from his side but then smiling and touching his neck.

"Sure thing. Come on."

Sae with disgust disapproved, taking Annie by hand 'like we would wanna go with you'.

She objected making Grimmjow sigh.

"Do you want to get raped or killed? Since night is young but going alone isn't good option."

Harsh words came out of him, he wasn't sure why this happened but something about Renji pissed him off, and the night wasn't so welcoming.

"We..."

Annie started but stuttered. 

"We would rather go with you."

Pointing finger at him making Grimmjow raise his eyebrow.

"What, scared that Renji isn't suited enough to protect the two of you?"

"FUCK YOU!"

Renji yelled going outside, first time doing this and ignoring everyone. This isn't like him at all.

Seems that something was bothering the red haired man.

"Protect..."

"Right..."

"I am not strong enough to stand up to him and protect her... and that's why..."

"Ready?"

A strong voice muttered, him looking up to see a man that was waiting on him to go out, dark hair visible with white clips on it and rest of his clothing swallowed by the darkness without the blue sky and moon.

"Let's get this over with."