(Chapter 73) Not gonna sit

"Where the fuck are they?"

Kurosaki asked, trying to call Rukia on his phone, being annoyed that she wasn't answering.

"Phone number isn't available. Please try later."

He decided to call you, but same thing happened. Now he was worried.

Ulquiorra could see his face expression.

"What?"

He asked.

"They aren't answering."

Ichigo answered.

"You talked with Rukia not to long ago."

"Yeah but--"

The power suddenly went off.

"Storm is getting worse. Let's search them outside. They can't be far away."

Renji said standing up taking his jacket.

"Agreed."

"Alright."

All stood up.

"Wait. Inoe should stay here just in case someone comes."

Kurosaki said.

"But I wan't to help--"

Renji interrupted her.

"Ulquiorra. You stay too."

He nodded.

It was already decided huh? Inoe's thoughts attacked.

So I am again going to be a watcher huh? Again I am just going to wait  for others to do something huh? They told me to stay just so I could be out of the way huh? It's almost the same as when Rukia almost... 

"Inoe?"

Ichigo asked, her thoughts stopped.

She saw his worried gaze, but then she nodded off, interrupting his attempt to say anything.

"I ll call up Grimmjow and see did he hear from the girls. After all he did say he is gonna be bit late right?"

Inoe said, feeling the strong pain in her chest, trying not to cry, trying to make herself useful but again feeling useless.... now wonder her parents...

"We ll be back, call us if anything happens!"

Their voices interrupted her.

"Okay!"

She gave them a big smile, always hiding behind the 'happy girl type' Ulquiorra noticing that she is playing it off, at the verge of tears, going towards the other room to take her phone and call Grimmjow.

His green eyes followed her, not sure how to ease her pain, how to stop her from just eating herself.

"Inoe..."

He started.

"It's alright Ulquiorra. I just need to call Grimmjow okay?"

She cooed.

Ulquiorra wasn't satisfied. Walking towards the window of balcony again, gripping his shirt, thinking how to help her, how to make her understand that she is doing her best, that she is trying.... that she shouldn't just be... like this.

"Do you think they actually got stuck in it?"

Renji asked, while closing the door of the apartment.

"No way man... I know that Last name would never get into one. She objected last time we went to Grimmjow's place."

Both of them rushed downstairs button actually glowing with red color, but none of them noticed.

"I think they went into one of the shops."

Kurosaki mumbled going downstairs with Renji, putting his hoodie on and rushing ahead. 

"If we don't find them..."

Renji trailed but Kurosaki just 'tched'.

"We ll find them."

"Grimmjow?"

Inoe's shaky voice came, trying to find a way to tell Grimmjow bad news.

There was a bzzing sound on the other line of the phone.

"Inoe--- why are you--- almost---"

Inoe's phone went off, hand shaking as the tears start falling down, again failing, what if something bad happens to Rukia and you? 'It's not fair!'  She had one task and she fucked it up! Mind attacked as she screamed. Phone numbers started playing on it, being weird and then phone dying out, her throwing it across the other room.

"Inoe."

"...."

She was looking at the floor, sitting on her knees.

Why did she had to be so damn stressed about it? Is it because people always protected her? Her not being able to somehow repay them?

"It's okay..."

Ulquiorra started.

She was gripping the carpet that was on the floor. (of course)

"It's not okay..."

Her voice went, loud enough for him to hear her.

"You tried your best to--"

Ulquiorra was close to her, as he tried to grab her shoulder, her still on the floor, not sure how to.... what to do and make her....

She pushed his hand away surprising him.

"I ended up being pushed in the damn room again! Being useless again! I didn't do shit to help Rukia back in the school! ITS ALL COMING BACK! ITS ALL SAME AGAIN! I WANT TO HELP HER!"

Tears falling down on her eyes, her voice cracking every now and then, standing up and walking away from him as she took her jacket.

"I don't wanna sit anymore."

She told him.

"If we don't stay here, there will be no one to tell us if Rukia and Last name came back."

"I can't sit. I can't wait again."

She mumbled.

"Orihime get a hold of---"

"Let me go. Let me at least ask people around, or go to the nearest shop.... anything!"

She grabbed his shirt, her eyes meeting his, still being red from tears not so long ago.

"Renji and Kurosaki already went outside. I think this is for the best."

Ulquiorra tried to calm her, to stop her from being reckless.

"....."

Her eyes searched for his approval but she got none, gripping his shirt and then letting him go.

"Alright."

She coed.

"I ll go alone and you wait."

"Inoe you can't just--"

"I AM NOT GOING TO SIT AGAIN AND DO NOTHING!"

Her voice cracked, making Ulquiorra mad. He had a disapproving look on his face, deciding to ask her after all.

"Is it because of your parents?"

Her hand was on the door knob, not expecting him to do so, trying not to shake from this question as she opened the door not giving him an answer, putting a hoodie on her head.

The fuck is he supposed to do now?

His eyes glowed seeing the door being closed.

"Was I too harsh on her?"