(Chapter 83) Love

With hard sigh she looked at the house where she usually stayed at, unsure of what is going to happen, people passing by with worries or poker faces, gripping her pockets tightly knowing that danger is about to come she was sure of it, even with her low spirit pressure she was sure... that they are close.

"I won't have my freedom huh?"

Looking around the house, seeing the old table standing with cookies on it, noticing the old papers on the walls and colorful kitchen, thinking about what would you say to--

"This is the first time you bring a girl home boy."

Harsh words came out, Grimmjow's eyes found the old woman's, her white hair and strong green eyes were determined, looking like she was about to fight with enemy or earn a friend.

Unsure how to greet this old woman, you wanted to give her most warm smile you've had but you couldn't really fake it that much, with confused face and fear in you, insecure, trying to muster the courage to greet her, playing with your fingers.

"...I..It's nice to meet you... I am Your name."

Your voice went out, loud enough for woman to understand you, looking at her and then at the ground, still playing with your fingers, feeling her eyes on you, scanning you, feeling even more nervous.

"Your name huh?"

"..Y.. Yeah."

She gave a sigh.

"Sit kiddo. I don't bite."

You would expect the grandma that was being old and helpless but this woman was something different, but her eyes shifted soon enough to her grandson, motioning him to sit also.

"Did you went to visit at least?"

"I had no time."

Was his short reply, but then the woman went for the cups of tea and put them on the table, with small chocolates and sweets, offering them to both of you.

"Your name, where are you from?"

And thus the questioning game started. 

You didn't like it, but then woman brought the album after roughly a 30 minutes of non stop questions and she wanted to share the pictures of her lovely grandson.

"I don't think he killed him. At least... non intentional..."

She slowly said it, her eyes finding yours, she wanted to see your reaction and how much did her grandson tell you, and now your eyes were filled with surprise and terror, but before you could object the woman nodded off.

"You can't say that he--"

"He doesn't even know it."

Grandma said, drinking her tea, her eyes wandering into the distance.

Grimmjow was silent, he had no reason to fight it, since it was his fault and all he wanted to do is to protect his mother but that's not fair... having an excuse... it's not--

"Even if it happen, It was damn self defense! So don't you dare blame him!"

You raised your voice, making Grimmjow's eyes widen, while grandma took it all almost calmly, but her hand was shaking under the table, managing to have a chuckle she put the cup down.

"I like this girl. You better keep her."

"...Baba... you.."

"I am tired Grimmjow. All I ask of you is to leave today. It was nice meeting you Your name. I hope that you ll keep him safe. He is the only family left to me."