(Chapter 23) All I ask..

Inoe and Ulquiorra took her words with grain of salt but decided to continue towards the white light. It was probably exit of this scary house.

You were walking ahead, you had to get out, you didn't want to stay there and.... you were sure that your back were on the wall, but then hands held you in place for a short bit.

"Why were you silent about her?"

A voice came to your rescue. None the less it was Grimmjow that somehow got lost from Renji's group.

You weakly pushed yourself away from him continuing further ahead.

"Great. I had to deal with your girl and now I need to deal with you. Lovely day indeed."

You muttered walking ahead.

"Answer me Last name. Why keep secret about her?"

"Would you rather believe newbie that just came or your crying girl rushing to you?"

Your eyes met his as you continued further ahead. When you didn't hear any reply you broke the silence.

"Thought so."

"Tch. If you told me I would've --"

"No you wouldn't. You wouldn't stick your neck for someone like me, because you don't know me."

"So you are saying that I would overlook the facts and lie for the sake of my relationship?"

He was angry right now, his voice sharper by passing second.

"Wouldn't you all?"

He grabbed you by your hand yanking you towards him so you could meet his gaze.

"Do you really consider me as such person?"

You didn't answer him. Eyes looking at the dark corners of the room.

"Tch. I might be an asshole towards you sometimes but I would never lie about you stealing things or even agree with it like some mindless fuck!"

"Sometimes? Hahah. People will rather stick up with their long made friends and ignore the truth even lie about someone they just met for the sake of their pays and friendship they cherish so much. Tell me that I am wrong. But you can't prove your point at all. Your girl just did it, the circle continues for the sake of relationship and friendships that weak minds struggle to keep while people like me get falsely accused and kicked out of the society just because they didn't want to be the part of such group of people."

"Then how do you explain Kurosaki defending you?! Renji too?! Tell me Last name!"

" If you were the first one that stormed in and actually believed in your girlfriends words, do you really think they would take sides with me?"

"They bloody would. So would I!"

"Lies!"

You pushed him away walking further ahead.

"Don't you turn your back on me Last name!."

"I am done with this conversation."

"Well I am not."

"I am."

He touch your hand, and you pulled away, strange sponge floor made you lose your standing getting your back on the wall, him following and blocking your way out, his hands on each side of you.

"So are you going to force me to agree now with you Grimmjow Jaquerjack?"

You were quite aware of situation you were in, but at the same time headache was a bigger problem for you than some argument with him right now.

"Nhhh..."

You yelped, your hands gripping his shirt, brushing towards his skin when his hand ended up on your forehead, his cold palm calming you down a bit, making your pain go for short while. He did notice that you were really burning up since your fingertips, your palms were really hot on his chest.

"Still sick aren't you?"

His cold hand made your headache lose a bit, looking at your face while you took short breaths, enjoying his coldness.

"I ll be fine."

You mumbled.

"You won't."

"So, what are you going to do about Sae?"

You changed the subject since you weren't used in people actually getting worried about you. It was just all fake, he had some hidden motive probably, maybe to boost his ego, to make you fall for him and then laugh at your stupid efforts to get closer to him. You weren't allowing this to happen again. No more pain nor leading on nor fake excuses nor being close. You thought.

" What do you think I would do? Talk with her of course."

He was expecting you to actually be happy for this suggestion of his that he ll solve it all out, that you ll finally be free and not by influence of your damn boss that you took something away, that others would look at you with better light even thought they did defend you, but he just wanted to clear your name.

You moved his hand away from your forehead.

"All I ask of you is not to."

You surprised him with your answer. Who in their right mind would defend someone that just accused them of stealing right? Mostly that was his thought.

"Why are you so stubborn to keep her lies going?"

Grimmjow really wanted to know what your chibi brain was thinking right now or maybe consider that your fewer and temperature where that bad that you had some brain damage and not being able to think straight about the things and so.

"She may be the bitch but maybe she really does need this job. I don' t want others to know, nor to decide about it. "