(Chapter 69)Rukia's story

"We were.... just really people that met... under weird circumstances."

She mumbled.

Not bothering to look at you anymore, gripping her hands, hugging her knees, putting her head on the top of her knees trying to think of what to say.

"I am sorry... I shouldn't ask.."

You tried to apologize.

"Renji would drag me into the sports you see... or at least to watch them play a game of basketball or go and swim with them. Weird right?"

"Fucking perverts!"

You said it out loud.

"Sorry! I didn't mean too--"

She interrupted you.

"Same reaction!"

Rukia said laughing at you, and then both of you laughing at each other.

"How long will this elevator take?"

You mumbled, being nervous and bit scared.

"Grimmjow...."

Your thoughts attacked, wishing you could see the blue eyed male.

Seeing your worried expression, Rukia decided to let go of her fear and open up to you, since that was the only thing that came to her mind.

"I was top student in my school."

"Mm? That was random...."

You raised your head, letting her continue.

"Well yeah....Your and my  school weren't that much far away, and I think you and me are like year or two difference in age..."

"Mhm.. year."

"Anyways... A lot of other students hated my guts because I was top in every class you could name. I am adopted child after all, and I had to work hard to satisfy Kuchiki family."

"Woah... Rukia that...."

She nodded off.

"They told me that I should walk with pride, that I should be proud to be Kuchiki, that I should get married into one of the rich families and not ruin the name you know? It's like damn royal family stuff..."

"EH?!"

You yelled out loud.

"Didn't expect that huh?"

Rukia asked you, giggling a bit.

"Nope."

"Well mostly because I disobeyed them and declined to marry one of the guys they offered me, I am now working here. Being top student didn't help me to get decent job, not here at least..."

"Why didn't you just go in the other country?"

"I wonder that myself sometimes.... but option is still there.."

Elevator shake again, making you hug your head in your knees.

"Oh right was saying about Kurosaki....my brother hates him.... but I would always choose that asshole over any other rich man"

"How come?"

" Kurosaki and myself  know each other for quite a bit, from start of high school actually. I just transferred in this new high school, only guy I've knew was Renji, we both went in the same school before we transferred, he is my best friend, since Kuchiki family was good with his family,  he was mostly my guardian to say so."