(Chapter 63) I don't remember

"Right.... I owe you a story ..."

He trailed as you've sat across him, eating breakfast together, both too lazy to go to sleep or just eager to stay awake with him, since he seemed a lot better.

"As I said you don't have to tell me.."

He was in thought, thinking what was the best way to start with it, how to even finish it, you not minding him being without shirt at the given moment, not even sure why, though he was really handsome and you would peek from time to time but then try to focus on food.

You took a sip of your coffee being really patient as the radio music was playing in the back round, probably some classical music, really weird to play that, it was morning and others were sleeping and classic went well with sudden start of the rain outside.

"Remember that day... by that swing?"

You sighed, following his blue orbs with patience and nodding in response.

"Yup."

"Didn't you wonder why  I didn't show up days after that?"

You raised your eyebrow.

"I just thought you don't want to have anything to do with me."

"Actually I was curious about you."

You coughed your coffee looking away, making him laugh his ass off at your sudden choking by the coffee moment and then you brushing it off like it was nothing.

"Whatever. Continue."

"That day I gave you glasses back. I went home thinking about how rude you were..."

He trailed.

"Who is rude you asshole?!"

You attacked.

"You are."

He replied with normal voice enjoying you being pissed off.

"Shut up! I was being nice towards you!"

Darn him you thought.

"Sure thing kitten."

"Anyways... "

He shifted in his seat, crossing his arms, his eyes on yours.

"You are already familiar with my dad's story. Him being drunk and company going into debts my mother working her ass off right?"

"I didn't forget no..."

"Alright."

"Remember that I told myself that I won't let him lay hand on my mother? This time i really meant it. Usually in my anger towards how things  were,  it would make me shut myself completely, leaving my mom to her business, happy that she didn't get a beating, or being yelled at. I've came home but he was already in the argument with her. I wanted to shrug it off, but I just couldn't. She didn't deserve it. My dad was yelling at her for being useless and because she didn't get more of alcohol. Seems that she had enough of it too. She yelled at him with threats that we ll move away from him to live with my grandma, her mother and leave his sorry ass. Makes me wonder why didn't we do it sooner. Why did she had to take the beating to understand that he is not okay? That he doesn't love her? I don't get it... truth to be told.. sometimes.... I hate the fact that I m his son. This damn blood that...

He gripped his hands that were crossed on his chest, biting his lips in the process not sure how to finish this sentence.

He felt your embrace,  you standing next to the chair he was sitting at, hugging him close to you, not moving your hair, smelling of his shampoo, making him relax a bit as his hands wrapped around you.