(Chapter 75) Button

"Why are these phones damn dead?"

Grimmjow stared at his, numbers dancing on it and then it turned off.

"FUCK!"

He punched the wall, anger getting better of him,standing near the elevator on the 5th floor, breathing out trying to collect his thoughts and what to do. 

His mind decided that it's smart to play games on him, making him remember certain person.

"Why can't you just live with me?"

"Naomi it's not so easy to--"

"You act towards me as if I am some child that doesn't understand."

She crossed her hands.

"I just can't move to live with you. At least not yet."

"Why? I am sure that Kurosaki and Renji will understand if you--"

He was angry. He gripped his fist, standing up, making table move, he couldn't talk about it.

"I AM NOT READY FOR IT DARN IT!"

Naomi's eyes widened, not expecting this kind of answer, his eyes piercing hers, and then looking away, with hope that she would just drop the subject.

She tapped her foot not satisfied with his answer.

"You are not ready?! What's that supposed to mean?! We are together for how long? It's like 4 years now Grimmjow." If you are cheating on me or something at least bloody tell me! But don't go with 'I m not ready' bullshit!

"I know that you are worried about finding job, I know that you have things that you can't tell me but at least--"

She moved her dark green hair behind her ears. Again argument because of it huh? Why in the hell he isn't ready? Did I do something wrong? Am I not enough? Her thoughts trailed.

Her dark blue eyes eyeing him, him walking right next to her and taking his jacket, not giving her an answer.

She doesn't understand him. He can't just tell her. The event's that happened... when he was 16.... even 4 years after he doesn't remember... did he kill his old man? Table... his mother screaming... his dad leaving after the argument but no word of him? He wasn't able to let them go, why would he just leave now?

"Grimmjow! At least listen to me when I am talking to you!"

Why were they arguing about this? It's not supposed to happen. Is it gonna end as his parent's relationship? He doesn't want that... he doesn't want to be... like him... Naomi please stop it already... his mind screamed.

He gripped his jacket.

"It's enough for today Naomi. Give it a rest."

"Answer me. Is there someone else?!"

Her hand was on his shoulder, him turned towards the door holding a door  ready to leave.

"Why would I want someone else?"

His voice was loud enough for her to hear, him actually hurt for that question, for her to even assume something like this just because he wasn't ready to move in with her, because he had other issues to take care of. But was that just an excuse for him? Was he scared?

"Well I don't know?! Because something changed Grimmjow and it isn't me!"

He gripped the doorknob, sighing not even sure how it got to this point. They were rather happy couple, but Naomi always had things she wasn't satisfied with. Some things you just can't force, you can't just make someone change their way of thinking or how they look, or act,  just because you don't like it. You can't choose your parents or how you will look like, but also you have the right to object to the things someone is forcing, or to things you don't see as right, right?

"Stop arguing with me.. Naomi."

He muttered. He was done with it.

"I want to solve it."

She said.

He turned towards her, his eyes on hers.

"What do you want to solve exactly?"

He was controlling his anger. 

"This problem we have."

She answered.

Grimmjow raised his eyebrow, tired of the problems. There is problem with this, with that, this isn't right, we should be more like them, they are holding hands, they are living together, why can't we be like them, why are you so closed up towards me, why did you change, what's wrong, we re not the same....

"We don't have problem."

"But we are--"

"I CAN'T JUST ACT UP THE WAY YOU WANT ME TOO! I AM NOT A TOY. I AM NOT GONNA NOD AND SAY RIGHT NAOMI LET'S DO THIS. RIGHT NAOMI I LL LIVE WITH YOU WHEN I SAID I AM NOT READY! I AT LEAST THOUGHT YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND IT, BUT CLEARLY YOU ARE OBSESSED WITH WHAT YOUR 'RICH' FRIENDS DO AND YOU ARE NEVER SATISFIED. I AM NOT GOING TO BE ONE OF THOSE HIGH UP GUYS THAT WORK IN THE OFFICE WHOLE DAY AND GOING OUT EVERY NIGHT GETTING DRUNK FOR NO REASON LOOKING DOWN ON THE OTHER PEOPLE BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT OTHER RICH ASSES DO."

"I never asked you to do such a thing. I just said--"

"No, No, I know what you've said. I am quite aware of it. I went with your requests and your desires for some time, I thought it will pass you, that maybe I am seeing it wrong, but I wonder, why did you go for me? Your father doesn't even approve of us, he sees me as low level asshole, as your plaything for certain amount of time, so do tell me, AM I JUST A TOY FOR YOU UNTIL YOUR DAD GETS YOU STUCK UP RICH RETARD TO MARRY YOU?"

"How dare you even say that Grimmjow! I love you for fuck's sake! I would never--"

"I wonder sometimes."

He opened the door and left.

"Grimmjow! "

He heard her voice, not knowing that it would be the last time he did so.

"Grimmjow!"

Inoe yelled, interrupting him. He seemed as he dozzed off for quite a bit, and made her worried.

"Mm? What? Don't just yell."

He said lazily.

"Button."

She pointed near him.

"Button what?"

He raised his eyebrow not sure what in the world was she saying.

"Wasn't it red?"

Grimmjow turned towards the elevator but button was dead. No light no nothing. Was she seeing things?

"I know you are upset Inoe but don't let it get to you."

"I saw that button glow!"

It was already hard for him, he had a gift for you in his pocket and this wasn't making his life easier.

"Orihime just..."

She saw his pained expression, his hands in his pockets, getting them out as he went upstairs.

He didn't even finish.

'Last name....where are you kitten?' he thought.

Already at the 8th floor he noticed the elevator being half open, button just blinking and storm getting worse.

"I told you! See?!"

She yelled at him.

"What in the hell?"